Chapter One

Nelson felt the cold sweat fall from her forehead. Today she was battling a strong opponent at her ninja school. Her heart lurched a bit and her tail twitched uncontrollably.

Susko grinned as he got into battle stance. His tail swished viciously in the air teasing her. Susko was a rat who was swift and skillful. His piercing yellow eyes gazed upon Nelson intimidatingly.

Nelson glared at her opponent, her dark golden fur danced with the wind. It was a cool chilly day out today, but those were Nelson's favorite days. In a flash of light Nelson leapt into he air and on top on Susko.

She kicked him in the shin causing him to squeal in pain. He recoiled back shaking his black fur. With an angry growl Susko lunged at her clawing at her ears.

Nelson winced at the pain, but endured the hit. She kicked him off flipping backwards. She stood up trying to catch her breathe as the rat did so as well.

"Your good, but your gonna have to try better," Susko said smirking. Nelson gave him a sharp glare smiling a bit.
She knew that Susko was just trying to scare her, though she felt no fear, only determination.

"Your not bad yourself, but I won't have to try harder." she sneered.
With a long look at the rat she flung herself into the air and ounce again onto Susko's back. He hissed and tried to shake her off, but she was latched on to him like a leech.

"Get off!" he growled finally shaking her off. Nelson tumbled off of him hitting the ground with a thud. She shook off the dust and stood up ready to jump onto Susko ounce again.

To her surprise Susko lay there gripping his ear in pain. "I forfeit," he muttered laying on his side. His ear was cut and crimson blood leaked out from his ear.

"I can't hear you!" Nelson squeaked jokingly. She grinned feeling triumphant. Susko scurried away feeling quit embarrassed. Nelson walked away off the battle court feeling quit proud. All the other young ninja rodents stared at her in awe as she walked away.

Nelson winked at all the rodents, yet again winning another battle. She was already known for being the grandchild of Rivo her grandpa. Rivo was famous from saving Scurry Tribe from the vipers that had found their way into the tribe long ago.

Rivo was a great ninja who fought wisely. He made wise and caring choices and had great love for his tribe. Nelson smiled at the thought of her grandpa, sighing as she sat down on a boulder starring out into the distance.

Mongolia was a lovely place, but it was full of many predators that would like to eat a small gerbil like her. She was glad that the tribe taught all the rodents how to be ninjas so they could protect themselves from the dangers of Mongolia.

Nelson was a ninja in Scurry Tribe, but hoped to advance later on in life. She wanted to be one of the best ninjas ever. She dreamed of this all the time smiling as she began to daydream.