No Emotion 2/? | Fives

You laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Next to you, your husband laid too, his usual snoring, absent.

  "Fives?" You whispered, unsure whether he was conscious or not. "You awake?"

He hummed in reply and turned to face you. This usually happened on nights before he was supposed to return to the field. Neither of you could sleep and would find yourselves having random conversations throughout the night. "What's up, cyar'ika?" He pulled you into his arms.

   "How long do you think it'll be until the war is over?" You nuzzled against him, eyes falling shut.

Fives entangled his fingers in your hair his chest slowly rising and falling. "I dunno, hopefully soon. Why do you ask?" You could hear your heart thumping in your chest as you thought of what to say. You simply shrugged your shoulders and took a deep breath.

"I want a baby." You told him before going silent once more anxiously awaiting his response.

"Like... an actually baby?" He asked. "With me?"

You sat up and playfully slapped his arm. "Well who else, dummy?"

"What about your work in the senate? And with me being in the army... I wouldn't be here for you all the time."

Your lips curved into a frown, a sudden wave of sadness washing over you. "You're right... it was a stupid idea."

"No, no it wasn't." Fives shook his head. "I'd love to have a baby too, but... I want to be there for you." While you crossed your arms, he sat up and hesitantly put an arm around you. "Although, I can't see myself as a father. I'm just another clone."

You scoffed at his last comment and leaned into his touch. "But you're my clone, you're my husband. I love only you."

A faint smile appeared on you husband's face as he turned his head towards you. "You mean it? Not the part about you loving me because who doesn't love me?" Fives joked. "But that part about having a baby? You really want one with me?"

  Instead of saying anything, you cupped his cheeks and pulled him into a soft, passionate kiss.

One thing led to another, and now Fives was on top of you, his lips brushing against yours. "Let's make a baby." Fives he murmured.

~

   Fives was gone from bed when you awoke. You slid out from your spot and went to grab his shirt from the ground, pulling it over your head. When you turned towards the bathroom, you found your husband standing in the doorway with a smirk. "Morning, beautiful."

"I thought you'd already left." You sat on the edge of your mattress, watching as he approached you.

"Come on now, you know that I wouldn't leave without a goodbye."

"You gave me a good goodbye last night." Fives kneeled on the floor in front of you and carefully grabbed one of your hands. The clone brought it to his lips and pressed gentle kisses to your knuckles.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"Do you have to go?" You asked in a whisper, knowing full well what the answer was.