Chapter Twenty-four

Liam's POV*

Liam's POV*

We were walking through the woods while discussing who Stiles could be and what "always and forever" meant. 'It is better to be the messenger of death than to be the cause of it'. Did that mean that the person who had said that to Lydia had been a killer?

Suddenly Malia gasped. I caught up with them and saw a man lying on the floor. His skin seemed to have been burnt off. I was pretty sure I was going to be sick. Yep. I held onto Mason and hurled onto the grass, but made myself look at the man none the less. It was Peter. Peter Hale. How didn't I remember him? He was the reason my entire life had changed...

He was holding a mirror. Or at least what was left of it. It was melted. The only thing that was left was the handle. The mirror had melted. Scott picked it up and put it in his pocket. Wow, Peter was so narcisistic that he died holding a mirror. Ironic. His face would probably be that last thing he ever saw.

They rushed Peter to the hospital and Scott handed me the handle. What was I supposed to do with it? I had no use for a melted piece of metal. I followed Lydia to her house and went to the bathroom. I washed the soot off the handle. There was something written on it.It was very hard to read. Smile Stilski and... some other illegible word... something... Milesom. What was that? That made no sense. It had the word "smile", so maybe it was just one of those motivational quotes that often come on notepads and whatnot. I called Lydia and showed it to her.

"Stiles." She said. Stiles. Of course! Not smile. "Stiles Stilinski? As in the Sheriff? Sheriff Stilinski?" She asked. Stiles Stilinski. I knew him from somewhere. "You're not going to die." Scott had reasured me. "Possibly." Stiles had said that. Stiles Stilinski was real. The other name. I read it again. Y/n... What were those letters?
Where did I know them from? How did I know them? And how had I completely forgotten about their existence? Then I remembered something. The night I had fallen from a cliff. I had seen her. Was this who I was supposed to meet? Theo had come in and he swiftly took the handle out of my hand and inspected it.

"Maybe it's a brand name." He said.

"Who writes a brand name with that handwriting? And with a marker?" Lydia asked. "Katherine. Katherine Pierce." Lydia said suddenly.

"What?" I asked. "We have to talk to Katherine Pierce," Lydia stated.

"Alright..." Theo said slowly. "She's in Mystic Falls," Theo told us and Lydia nodded.

"Let's go then," I couldn't believe we were going to Mystic Falls, just for answers.
"Why are you going to Mystic Falls. If you want to talk to me I'm right here," A much too familiar voice said.

"Katherine,"

"The one and only," She said, "well, sort of." She added as an after-thought.

"Okay... do you know who this is?" I asked, handing her the handle.