Becoming Part 1

I am at the entrance at school waiting for Jim and Toby but then the school bell rings and I then see them speeding over to me. 

"Hey. You're late" I say. 

"Good morning to you too" Jim says as he pulls me in for a kiss. 

"PDA alert" Toby says as we enter school. 

"The Peloponnesian War was actually three wars fought between Athens and Sparta. The first war is known as the Archimedean war. Type that into your search engines. A-R-C-H-I-M-I-D-I-A-N" Mr Strickler says. 

As I am typing I can sense Jim staring at me and I turn to look at him and he looks away, which makes me smile. 

We are now in gym class and I'm sitting on the bleachers talking to the girls. When all of a sudden, Jim walks over to us. 

"Buenas noches" He says to me. 

"Since when do you speak Spanish?" I question. 

"Come on Zoe" Darci says to me. 

"Uh..." Jim mumbles as I get up. 

"You like Shakespeare don't you" I say. 

"What?" He says confused. 

"Do you like Shakespeare?" I repeat. 

"Shakespeare?" He says. 

"The school play. We're having trouble getting boys to audition" I say. 

"Uh...Oh" He mumbles. 

"It would be a really nice thing you could do for me?" I ask.  

"Hasta huevo" He says as I kiss him on the cheek. 

I then leave the gym. 

I am riding my bike home with Toby and Jim and they are talking about what happened with Jim earlier. 

"That was awesome, man. Did you see how I did that chant? 'Let him out. Let him out' I mean, you probably won't live past Friday, but it was awesome. Good thing your mom's a doctor" Toby says. 

"Hey boys. Zoe" Barbara says as she stops the car. 

"Hey, Mom" Jim says. 

"Looking sharp, Dr Lake" Toby says. 

"Hi Mrs Lake" I say. 

"Thank you Toby. So are you" Barbara says. 

"Oh! Does it show?" Toby says. 

"Are you going to be out all night?" Toby questions. 

"Dr Gilberg is out with bursitis, and Dr Lenz has a wedding out of town this weekend" She says. 

"Okay, well, don't forget to bring your--" Jim says.

"Dinner. Thank you" Barbara says. 

"Right. And try to find an oven to reheat it instead of nuking. It takes all the flavour and nutrients away" Jim says.

"Jim, there must be a million things you'd rather be doing than looking after me" Barbara says. 

"Love you, honey. Oh and Zoe you should pop round for dinner at some point it'll be lovely to have you" Barbara says. 

"I'd love to" I say as she leaves. 

"You mother your mother a lot" Toby says.

"Ha! See ya tomorrow Tobes and Zoe" Jim says as he leaves. 

"Bye Jim and Toby" I say as I ride home. 

After we depart I head home because I have a ton of homework to do and then some nice well deserved sleep.