Chapter 3 - Princess

After receiving a scolding from Effie and Haymitch I decide to make a dramatic exit

After receiving a scolding from Effie and Haymitch I decide to make a dramatic exit. I run to my room and slam the door shut as hard as I can. Once again I belly flop onto my mattress and let out my frustrations on my poor helpless pillow. After a few minutes of silence there's a knock on my door. "Sweetheart I'm sorry I- was just trying to look out for you." I sigh and decide to release my pillow making my way towards my door. The door opens revealing a solemn looking Haymitch. "I know I'm sorry I stooped down to Catos level." After waiting a moment I add "It was kind of funny though wasn't it." He lets out a boisterous laugh and reaches over to ruffle my hair. "Come on kid let's go get you some dinner. You have a big day tomorrow."

     Once again I was awoken by Effie "First day of training! Get up! Get up!" She sings the last part making me grab my pillow and hit it against my head a few times. Groaning I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up. We were given special clothes for training so I rip off my pyjamas and put on the uniform. Looking in the mirror I realize how tight the top is and immediately feel self conscious. Eh at least my boobs look good I guess. I grab a pony tail holder and put my hair in a high pony tail.

    "Peeta you have the biggest milk stash right now." I say in between giggles as he tries to lick it off multiple times but keeps failing. Haymitch reaches over to Peeta while muttering obscenities and wipes off the milk with a napkin. "Woah are you guys about to kiss right now?" They both turn and glare at me causing me to giggle. Effie rushes into the dining room and looks shocked to us and then annoyed. "What are you guys still doing here? You're going to be late!" I shrug "we're eating breakfast." She grabs a hand towel from the table and starts smacking us with it, "Well no more breakfast, Go!" Peeta and I look at each other before both turning around and sprinting to the training room while stifling laughs at Effie trying to Intimidate us.

     Effie was right when she said we would be late because we were the last district there. When the door behind Peeta and I slams shut everyone in the room turns to us. "Great now we can get started." The instructor tells everyone to huddle around her in a circle and starts a speech.

After her speech about how there can only be one victor and to focus on survival skills everyone dispersed. The careers headed straight for the weapons. Which was exactly what I expected. Peeta and I huddle into a spot where no one else is and observe the competition. I try not to focus on the fact that Catos shirt is so tight his muscles are bulging out of it.  However there isn't a lot else to focus on because the careers are hogging all of the weaponry. I can't help it when I start to glare and scowl at them. Cato notices me looking angrily in his direction and smirks, "Got a problem Princess?" Peeta looks at me and shakes his head warning me not to lash out. My fists ball up as I turn away from Peeta and put on a fake smile. "Not at all" I say in a sickly sweet voice as I rise up from my spot next to Peeta and make my way towards the weaponry. As I place my arm out to grab the sharpest axe on the shelf a large hand clamps onto my wrist roughly. "What the hell do you think you're doing princess?" A deep growls into my ear. Cato. I spin on my heal and our chests collide because of our close proximity. "I'm training Cato, what does it look like?" Then I grab the axe off the shelf while keeping eye contact with him.

     I walk past Glimmer, Clove, and Marvel. While Glimmer and Clove glare at me, Marvel looks me up and down while licking his lips. I ignore all of them and make my way to a good distance away from the target and raise the axe above my head. With little effort the axe flys from my hands straight into the bullseye.

     I smirk looking at the careers shocked faces and walk away to the station where Peeta is at

     I smirk looking at the careers shocked faces and walk away to the station where Peeta is at. "Whatcha' doing Peeta?" He glances up from painting his arm and smiles at me. "I'm practicing camouflaging. Want me to teach you?" I nod excitedly and rush over to him. Peeta spent a solid half an hour trying to teach me but it was useless. The only think I managed to do was get paint all over my face and up my nose. Peeta and I laugh and decide we should move to a different station and try to find a damp rag to wipe my face.

      We are waking through the station trying to find one that interests us when Peeta abruptly stops at a net. "Let's try this one Violet." I nod but feel a little uneasy because I don't think Peeta has ever climbed anything before. "I'll go first." I state before jumping off the ground and hoisting myself onto the net. I can feel a burning stare on my back and already know who it is. So I decide to give him a show. I don't even stop for a breath and basically fly through the obstacle course net. Once my feet reach the ground I hear a whistle behind me. I turn around to see marvel staring at me lustfully. Peeta immediately stands in-front of me protectively pulling me behind him. Marvel chuckles darkly, "Oh come on Mellark let me get a look at the sexy little princess." Suddenly Marvel is pushed to the ground and a fuming Cato stands over him "Get your own nickname. Princess is mine."

Word Count - 1026