8

Lin's POV

I kissed her. I finally kissed. My heart felt so full. I went to bed that night a very happy man. It's probably the happiest I've been since V passed.

When I woke the next morning, something felt off. The apartment, instead of being filled with the sound of my son's cries, was completely silent. It was eight o'clock in the morning. There was absolutely no way that my son was still asleep.

I walked out of my bedroom to a heartwarming sight. I stepped into the living room to find Pippa and Seb snuggled up on the couch, both of them sound asleep. I couldn't help but smile at the sight in front of me. I decided that instead of waking them, I would get started on breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------

Some time had passed and I was just about done with breakfast when Pippa walked into the kitchen still holding my son who was sound asleep.

"Hey," she said as she walked over to me, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

All I could do was stand there blushing like a fool, thank goodness Pippa didn't see. Thank goodness Pippa didn't see. Or if she did she didn't make a big deal out of it.

"What did you make?" She asked, reaching over and taking a piece of bacon that I had set on a plate. She took a bite, a smile forming on her face.

"Pancakes, eggs, and some bacon," I smile back at her.

"Sounds delicious," She said, still smiling.

I was trying my best not to kiss her. She looked so beautiful. The way she was so caring toward my son. The fact that she was so kind to everyone. It warmed my heart. I was brought back to reality with Pippa's lips on mine. She was kissing me? Was I imagining it all? Before I knew it, it was already over as she quickly pulled away.

"I'm so sorry, Lin," She stammered, stumbling over her words.

"Don't apologize," I replied, kissing her again.

This time she didn't pull away. She kissed me back and she held me close to her. It all felt like a dream. It felt like I was in heaven. I never wanted to stop kissing her. Sadly, we did eventually pull apart due to the lack of oxygen. I stood there smiling at her like a complete fool. She giggled at my goofy smile.

"What if we went out to dinner tonight?" I asked her.

"You mean, like a date?" She questioned, looking up at me.

"If that's what you'd like it to be, then sure," I smile at her, not wanting to pressure her into anything.

"I would like that very much," She said, giggling, "Pick me up tonight at seven o'clock."

With that she left my kitchen, still giggling, and sat on the couch. I couldn't believe what just happened. I have a date tonight with Phillipa Soo.

A/N: Hey! It's been a while since I've had a chance to update! Sorry, this is a shorter chapter, I've been working on it for a while and I really wanted it to be done! It's currently finals week, so my last day of school before winter break is this Friday! I'm gonna try and do a few updates over winter break since I'll finally have the time! I'm also hoping to graduate early depending on what my final grades end up being. I really want to thank y'all for being so patient with the lack of updates. I'm gonna try and be better in the future. If I don't update again before Christmas, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy holiday season. XOXO, Nicole❤️