i. sleepyhead

pre warning. book contains strong language and violence.

the sound of soft snoring filled the room as she slept in, the sun creating rainbows against the window.

tamara took advantage of this. 10am on a saturday morning with the sun shining through her window. it doesn't always last as long as she'd like it to though.
a girl in a grey t-shirt slowly walked into her room and sat on tamara's bed, shaking her shoulder.

"hey, sleepyhead." she whispered. no response. "tamaraaaaaaa,,"

the sleeping girl sighed and squinted at the girl above her. "what, ell?"

"can you get ready soon? we're gonna go out." ell smiled warmly. "i didn't want to wake you up, you were peaceful..seemed nice."

"it was," tamara yawned, sitting up and rubbed her left eye. "what are we even going out for?"

"to get new stuff. you know..the apartments still a bit bare." the brunette smiled uncomfortably.

"oh..right, yeah." the coloured girl furrowed her brows at the thought of what happened. "where's matilda?"

"went to the store already. complaining about you taking too long to wake up." ell laughed softly, making tamara smile.

"yeah, well." her bare feet hit the carpet. "i'm awake now."

"only because i woke you up," ell continued to smile. "but..hurry up. i can't be assed hearing matilda complain on the phone any longer." and she shut the door.

tamara's smile quickly faded as she watched ell leave the room. ell didn't deserve any of what she went through from the past year. one of her supposed friends betraying her and blowing up the house.

"you okay?" a transparent girl popped her head through the door.

tamara jumped, and then relaxed realising it was only joan. "hey."

"you'll never get used to that, will you?" joan chuckled.

"ah..nope. probably not." tamara forced a smile.

"anyway, like i asked. what's up?" the little ghost hovered in the air.

"i have a lot on my mind..the future, my friends..other things."

joan glanced at the floor, seeming down. "hey, tammy, it'll get better. i swear!" she somehow placed her transparent hand on tamara's shoulder. "plus who cares about..her? kick her and her wack transformer ripoff in the butt!"

tamara genuinely smiled at this, raising one brow. "thought you liked her?"

"i liked the old her. not the 'i am better than everyone BOOM i will rule the world BOOM you're dead!' her." she shrugged.
"fair."

her phone then began ringing, causing joan to fly off. "see you tam!"

tamara waved quickly in response, then answering the phone without even checking the caller id.

"hello?"
"oh, you're FINALLY awake!" matilda screamed down the phone.
"uh, yeah..ell woke me up." tam yawned slightly, already bored of matilda's voice. 
"that's beside the point. i need help. get dressed asap!" and she hung up.
"for gods sake, matilda. an absolute star of saying she needs help without saying a reason."

tamara stumbled toward the bathroom her and ell shared, (matilda insisted on having the other bathroom to herself because, it's matilda) and started to slowly strip off. there was a knock on the bathroom door, causing tamara to spin around and lowkey shit herself.

"tamara? are you in there?" it was ell, she could just tell from the sweet tone of the person's voice on the other side. "um..yEs?"
"why are you answering like its a question? anyway- are you at least a little bit dressed? i need to come in and brush my teeth." tamara quickly glanced at her bare body, before her cheeks went a tiny red. "..no."

"can't you use matilda's bathroom for now, ell? she's not here-"
"just throw on a towel, tamara. you can have a shower when we come back from the store with matilda." tamara cringed at the thought of not washing before leaving the house, but sighed. 

"i guess deodorant will have to do for now." she mumbled. "fine, come in."
she threw on a white towel, as ell walked in, fully dressed.

ell was wearing a greyish-green laced top, tucking into skinny jeans topped off with ankle uggs. she had tied her dark brown hair in a half up half down style, and on her wrist was a blue bracelet, one her and tamara had both made back in primary school. tamara saw the bracelet and smiled softly, remembering the memory.

"you look nice." she complimented. ell grinned. "can say the same about you. love the white towel with the side effect of messy hair, where'd you get it?" she rested her head on her palm.
"go suck a rock, asshole." tamara furrowed her brows, smiling.

ell then placed a hand on her chest, and started fake crying. "how could you, i thought we were friends!"
"we are divorcing," tamara closed her eyes, and turned her head away. she then let out a sigh of pain as her head had collided with a hair brush. "it's wHat yOu geT!" ell held the hairbrush as she turned the tap off, hovering her hand above her eyes. water dripped down, so it looked like she was crying. "fEeL my wRath."

"gimme thatttt,," tamara snatched the hairbrush and started brushing her hair. ell was almost halfway down brushing her teeth, and spat out the toothpaste. "be ready in ten, matilda is probably getting extremely impatient with us." she giggled then left the bathroom.