Chapter One. The Beginning.

April 10th 2003. The date I was born. The happiest day of my mother's life, so she says. My family is different. We aren't like other families, we don't go out to the beach, to the park for picnics or trips to the cinema. We live in a large victorian style house. Out where no one else lives.

Thankfully. We don't spend alot of time outside especially in the day. You see we spend out days sleeping and nights... well training.

Training for attacks from the other colonies. The other colonies of well vampires. See I told you we were different.

I have a mother a father and two younger brothers. My brothers are still young enough to be outside in the sun and feel its warmth on their skin, go to school and see their friends, Sometimes I feel jealous of their fortune. I envy them I miss the feeling of the warm sun on a hot day. But I must remember I've had my time, I had such wonder's once. One day soon they will change like me and I will feel sorrow for them.
Its only when you hit puberty you begin to change normally and in our case, abnormally. That's when you slowly begin to change to become your stronger self. Your better self.

As you begin to grow physically and mentally you discover so much more about yourself and the world around you. Becoming engulfed, in the power and strength, that seems to grow stronger and deeper inside you as you mature. You can see so much more in the world. Not just physically but you feel so much more of the energy. So much freedom.

I have grown used to not being able to go out and see my friends as they would hang out at coffee shops and the cinema. I grew apart from that life as you have to, we all learn that after a while atleast. It still hurts at the start to see the posts of your friends being together and not being able to be there. It gets better however as you soon get forgotten about. After leaving school to be "home schooled“ that's what we have to tell the schools after we have to leave. What they really mean is we are being taken out to train to work your way into being the next best. Feared. Admired and most importantly Respected. You see some of us have more responsibility than others of our kind. You see im the heir to the throne. A 'princess' if you will.

I wouldn't call it that. He life of a vampire princess is anything but the glamorous life you'd expect a princess to be living. Frankly it's gruesome and eternal. Being a vampire we don't age like mortal beings you see once we turn 18. The peak of our maturity we don't age like the rest of our kind. Yes the rest of them are slowed by alot making us immortal. Our bodumies will never age enough for uds to die of old age. Physical aging ends in your twenties or thirtys. Depending on your power and strength. However as a part of the Royal blood line we don't age physically past the age of 18. This causes for some confusion between family members as when we all reach our peak we are all the same age. We'll looking that is.

Ive only just turned 18 and haven't even really started my proper training yet. I'm alot further on than my vampiric peers however. One of the duties of the Royal blood line is to protect the civilians from the other vampires and supernatural beings. This is because of our increased strength and power. Every vampire has their own unique skills so to say. You could call it a magical power. Every vampire posses one unique skill along with our hearing, sight, speed, strength, sense of smell and compulsion. You can aquire one ability such as tracking, mind reading, seeing into the future, emotion control and these are just a few examples.

However in the Royal blood line you can aquire many different abilities. Another reason why we are sworn to protect the ones around us. Collecting said skills on the other hand isnt as easy as you'd think. Everyone gets one when they come of age. Mine is the power to see people's true desires and no not what they wanted to watch on Netflix. Their true and real desires things they really want in life like a job or to kill. People with this specific skill are very well used In wars. You can see what the opposing side truly wants. This skill works on all but the ones who hold the sheild ability. These vampires are used alot in defence as they can sheild not only themselves but also others. However this is extremely difficult and only the best of the best can sheild others. This is also only when in the kijne of site of whom you intend to protect.