Chapter 5

I stare blankly at the pictures. History was awkward today. We wouldn't look at each other. I couldn't talk at all in fear of blurting out we kissed. A noticed and stopped trying to drag it out of me after a while. Part of me wishes I could take it back but the other part is proud that I did it. I sit in an empty house. They had to work late and expect an hourly update from me. The room fills with darkness as the outside world begins to slow down and fall asleep. My stomach screams in pain begging for food. I grab my phone texting them that I am going to sleep. But instead of falling alseep I lay there wide awake. My thoughts race, too fast to make out. I blink away the images that the darkness forms. All the sudden the room lights up, turning to my phone I see A has texted.

'Is your house unlocked?'

'Yeah, y?'

'I'm coming in. U in ur room?'

'Yeah.'

With in a minute my door carefully sways open. There she stands, her dark figure shivers. "What's the matter?" She crawls into bed with me and burries her wet face into my shirt. I look over to see what time it is, 1:10 AM. "I-I-I-"

"Shh, calm down and breathe." Her breaths are shaky and she coils in closer to me. "Did Michelle do something?" She shakes her head. "Did your parents do something?" Again, she shakes her head. "Does it have something to do with me?" Her hesitation to answer is all I need. "Tell me A."

"I had a dream where you actually killed yourself. When I woke up I tried to convince myself that you would never do that but Abs, I couldn't! The way you've been slowly distantcing yourself from everyone, I never see you eat anymore. It's obvious you hardly sleep. I love you to death Abs, please never leave me." I freeze, what am I to do? The guilt begins to boil replacing the empty feeling in my stomach. "I'm sorry, honestly, I don't mean to make you worry about me. I don't want to hurt you." Her arms warp around my waist pulling me close. "I miss this."

"What?"

"This. Me coming over, us talking and laying in bed staring at your ceiling like its the real night sky." A smile tugs at my lips and soon emerges. "So do I." We end up falling asleep like this. In a peacful state, where nothing bad has or will ever happen. Where no one or nothing exist outside this room. We fall asleep with the thought that everything is perfect.