Chuckles Meets Crutchy

Crutchy's POV

        I was walking to the Lodging House holding hands with the most beautiful girl I have ever met, when a thought occurred to me.  I didn't even know her name.  How could I not even think to ask her it?  Wow I'm great with girls.

        "What's ya name?"I blurted out awkwardly.

        The boys gave me a weird look for the outburst, but she just chuckled.

        "My name is Hazel."She answered.

        "That's a beautiful name for a beautiful goil."I complimented.

        She smiled and blushed a deep shade of red.  Maybe I'm better this than I thought.

        "Thank you'se."Hazel said smiling at me."Well, now that you'se all know my name, do I'se get to know the rest of you'se guys?"Hazel questioned.

        "Well, of course you'se do doll face."Jack said winking at Hazel."I'se Jack, Jack Kelly.  They also call me Cowboy.  I'se the leader of the Manhattan newsies and I led the strike against Pulitzer, and won"Jack said cockily.

        I shot Jack a glare for flirting but he shrugged it off.  Jack's like my older brother, which can be a good thing and a bad thing.  In this case, it was a bad thing.

        "Nice to meet ya Jack, call me doll face one more time and I'll soak ya!"Hazel threatened.

        I gasped in shock.  Never has a girl not fallen for Jack's smile and charm.  I didn't think it was possible, but  like Hazel even more now.

        "Alright, I'se get it.  Besides, I'se have a goil anyway."Jack said confidently.

        "Yeah you do, so why were you flirting with her?"David said appearing next to Jack.

        "Just giving Crutchy a rough time."Jack whispered so everyone but Hazel could hear.

        I rolled my eyes at him and David smiles.

        "Ahhh come on Jack give the guy a break."David said sympathetically.

        "Alright, alright, I'll lay off."Jack said admitted defeat"Besides the other boys probably want to introduce themselves."He pointed out.

        "Yeah, it's about time too.  Anyways, I'se Kid Blink.  No explanation needed for the name, right?"Kid Blink said.

        Hazel gave him a weird look.

        "I'se would exactly like an explanation."Hazel said."Why do they call you'se Kid Blink if you'se have an eye patch over one eye.  You'e blink with two eyes.  Would a better name be Kid Wink?"Hazel asked full of curiosity.

        We all thought about it for a second, and realized, she had a point. I started to laugh and the rest of the newsies followed suit.

        "You'se know, ya have a point, however it's a little late to change his name."Jack said laughing.

        Hazel smiled.

        "I'se think there's still time."Hazel said jokingly causing us all to laugh again.

        "You'se adorable, ya know that?"I whispered in her ear.

        She blushed a dark shade of red and smiled at me.

        "Well, if you'se all done laughing, I'se would like to introduce meself to Hazel."Racetrack said followed by a puff of smoke coming from his mouth.

        "Well go ahead."Hazel said.

        "My name is Racetrack, you'se can call me Race. I like to go to Sheepshed Races."Race said proudly.

        "Nice ta meet ya Race.  Are ya happy now that you'se introduced yaself?"Hazel teased.

        "Yes, very."Race replied nonchalantly.

        "Good for you'se."Hazel said."Now who are you'se?"Hazel asked David.

        "I'm David Jacobs, nice too meet you."David said reaching out his hand for Hazel to shake.

        Sadly, Hazel let go of my hand to shake his.  I frowned and felt a little bit of jealousy form in the pit of my stomach.  I know David ment well, it still bugged me.  After they shook hands, I shot David a glare, and wrapped my arm around her waist.

        Race gave me a knowing look, but I ignored it.

        I could tell he was about to say something when kid who looked about 15 came running up to us.  He had dark brown hair that was swept to the side, extremely blue eyes, and was just a little shorter than Jack height wise.

        "Hazel!  Where the hell have you'se been?"The boy nearly screamed.

        "I'se...uh...uh.."Hazel stammered.

        "And what happened to you'se?"The boy exclaimed.

        "Uhhhh um...."Hazel stuttered.

        "Ya brother is gonna kill me!"He said sounding nervous.

        "Hey! Give er' a minute to speak, would ya?"I snapped at the boy.

        The boy turned to look at me.  Then looked at my arm around Hazel's waist, then back at me again, then back at my arm around Hazel's waist, and back at me again. 

        "And who would you'se be?"He asked rudely.

        "I'se Crutchy, who's are you'se?"I asked protectively.

        "Chuckles, now I'se like to why ya have ya arm around my friend here?"Chuckles said getting up in my face.

        "What's it to ya?"I asked getting in his face.

        "Hey!  Both of ya, cut it out!"Hazel said stepping in the middle of us.

        "HE STARTED IT!"Chuckles and I said in sync.

        "I'se don't care who started it you'se both are gonna end it!"Hazel informed us.

        "Fine!"We both said.

        "Now Chuckles, does my brother know I'se ditched you'se for half of da day?"Hazel asked.

        "Yes, and he's not happy about it."Chuckles said nervously.

        "How did he find out?"She asked shocked.

        "I'se may have told him."Chuckles admitted.

        "I'se gonna kill you!"Hazel shouted.

        "Not if he kills ya first!"Chuckles pointed out.

        Hazel let out  groan,

        'I'se sorry you'se guy I'se really gotta go.  Thank you'se so much for helping me earlier.  We should all meet up again sometime."Hazel said.

        "Yeah, if her brother ever lets her out of his sight again."Chuckles chuckled.

        Hazel shot him a glare then walked towards me.  She looked into my eyes and smiled at me.

        "Thank you for saving me.  You're my hero."Hazel whispered.

        Then she gave me a kiss on the cheek, and walked away with Chuckles.

        When she got far away enough that she couldn't hear us, the boys started hooting, hollering, and whistling.

        "Crutchy's got himself a goil!"Jack shouted.

        "Ya'll cut it out! I don't have myself a goil."I said waving them off.

        "That kiss begs to differ."Race said making a kissy face..

        I rolled my eyes and we all started towards the lodging house.