𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

When she was younger she loved listening to crime podcasts, she has always been fascinated by the things humans were capable of after a long-lasting chain reaction which was caused mostly already in childhood. Sometimes she even felt sorry for the murderer, because they weren't always just the murderer, some of them have also been a victim. A victim of an abusive relationship, a victim of trauma, a victim of manipulation. Not all murderers were like that, but most of them. Still she would have never expected the person closest to her to turn out to be someone like that.

Now, twelve years later, she's the protagonist of the crime podcast, solving crimes and arresting murderers. Being the protagonist of her own crime podcasts isn't the only reason why she chose to work for S.H.I.E.L.D., she also loves helping people and seing their thankful faces on newsshows talking about a case she has been involved in.  By working for the government, she helps making the world into a safer place, a place with less death and more happiness. At least she tries, that's everything she can do at the moment.

Currently she is sitting on a plane flying to the states after a case in Europe she has been working on for the last few weeks. A day ago she has received a phone call from Agent Hill telling her to return as soon as possible because of an emergency, they've had already sent someone to step in, but she insisted on staying, at least until she can give her replacement a deep briefing. She highly disliked doing that kind of stuff not in person, nevertheless she didn't need to be told twice to return, Genevieve actually waited for that call. After watching the news about the Avengers, she knew something was off, still the agency told her to stay put and stay on her case. She was glad that they finally reached out to her and decided it was okay for her to leave.

Just like Genevieve Agent Maria Hill preferred to exchange important information in person. That's why the two of them were walking through the Triskelion a few hours later.

"Gin, I'm glad you're back in the states, I have exciting news for you", Agent Hill said, while a door to a unit with a group of computer analysts was opened. Maria walked through it, but Genevieve stopped and took a sip of the coffee from the cup in her hand.

"I'm sure you're aware that I'm not a level seven agent, so this area is restricted for me, Ria."

"Not anymore. Come on in, we don't have any more time to lose, that's why I'm going to have to make this meeting as fast as possible." She moved to a computer and started a recording of a man jumping out of a window holding someone. "This is an unregistered gifted, identity unknown."

Genevieve moved closed to the display and watched the video unbelievably, if she didn't knew about the Avengers she'd assume this video was faked but she wasn't sure about that anymore. The building looked as if it was like at least 70 feet high and the man jumped from one of the buildings on top, still he didn't seem to be harmed. Right now she was at a state where she was going to believe most likely anything. If gods and aliens existed why couldn't mermaids?

"Whose footage is that?"

"Rising Tide, group of hackers, they are good, incredibly good, even hacking our RSA implemention and receiving all that stuff before us. That's why Agent Coulson wants you to join his very own mobile command unit. He needs people who are-"

"The Agent Coulson? As in Phil Coulson, Phillip Coulson..?" Genevieve looked away from the screen to the woman next to her. After seeing a small nod and having a short moment to sort her thoughts and emotions she agreed to join it. Of course she did, she looked forward to working with Coulson the second she first met him. He had such great personality and welcomed her with open arms. Maria didn't even need to tell her who else was in his command unit.

"Well, I'm glad you're in, he wants the créme de la créme, and you really are the créme de la créme in your field."

Genevieve laughed. "Just shut up, Ria, I'm getting red already."