Chapter 5

"Stiles...must you be right all the time?" Elijah asked me as I turned corners heading down the various hallways. "Have you met me, Elijah?" I asked in return. "I thought it was obvious how I feel about losing games. I don't like to lose especially at games." I explained. "Ah, yes. Forgot, you're sort of a sore loser." Elijah said. I turned and looked at him with a sigh. Eli smirked. "Hey! For your information, just because I got angry when you beat me at chess that one time does not make me a sore loser." I pointed out. "Of course not. It just shows you that I'm better at playing chess than you are." Eli smirked patting me on the shoulder before walking away. I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't find the words. Nik looked at me with a smile with his hands behind his back. "Look at this way, Mieczy. If he finds one thing that he's better at than you. He may not have to find something else to try and do the same." Klaus stated before catching up with Elijah. I watched them leave. "Hey! Wait! What do you mean 'may not?!'" I called out running after them. "What do you mean?!" I shouted as Klaus let out a laugh.

We entered Alaric's office to find him at his desk. He glanced up before jumping to his feet. "What have I told you about you three doing that?!" Ric exclaimed clutching his heart as I chuckled. "Forgive us. But Elijah, here, doesn't believe you have what it takes to protect his family...or anyone in this school for that matter." I explained. Alaric looked at Elijah with a glare deadpanned. "You try being a human principal to over a hundred supernatural kids. I may be a human but I can still kick ass. Just...you know...not any of yours." Alaric stated looking down at manila folder on his desk before closing it. "Are you three here as concerned family members or do you need something?" He asked us crossing his arms over his chest. "I need you to make a promise." Klaus told him. "What kind of promise?" Ric asked. "I need you to promise me that you will do whatever is necessary to protect these kids." Nik stated. "What makes you think I haven't already?" Alaric asked us. "Well...have you?" I asked him. "As a matter of fact...no not really. I just felt like saying that." He answered. "Look. If you want me to promise? Fine. I promise I'll do whatever it takes to protect these kids. Trust me. I've got it under control." He declared. "That's all I needed to hear. See, Eli? This whole trip was a waste of time." I told him. Elijah squinted his eyes. "One more thing. You know where Hope and Ollie are?" I asked him. "Oh. Yeah. Uh...Hope might be with Landon Kirby in the Transition Room. And Ollie would most likely be in the Archive Room causing mischier or in his bedroom keeping to himself." Alaric explained. Nik and Eli looked at me as I smiled. "Shouldn't be too hard. Just follow the trail of mayhem and you'll find Oliver." Ric said with a smirk. "Watch it, Salt Man." I voiced smirking back. "Again with the Salt Man. You're never gonna drop that, are you?" He asked me annoyed as he rolled his eyes. "Depends...do you hate when Ollie and I say it?" I asked. "Very." He answered. "Then no." I said with a smile before leaving the office.