The garden where we met

A/N: This is my first game-related fanfiction so please be nice :~: It has been a while since I've written anything so this is a head start for me again. This was requested by a friend of mine but I do hope that everyone who reads this would enjoy this as much as I've enjoyed writing this.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and fanart. All rights reserved to their respective owners and/or companies.

Guinevere was the next head of the house of the Baroque family, who was known for their powerful influence across the seas and land.

Originally, the next head of the house was her brother, Lancelot. But he preferred to have his own freedom and explore the world that was unknown to man. He wanted to travel and learn things that he could never learn if he was the head of the family. He wants to use the knowledge that he has gained to help his little sister whom he loves with all his heart.

It was a beautiful day outside, with clear blue skies and the sound of birds singing, but not for the young lady who was about to visit the family of her future husband, the Paxleys.

"Welcome to the Paxley's estate, young lady Guinevere." The head maid of the Paxley's mansion greeted her as she stepped out from the carriage.

"Ah... Good day to you–" Guinevere was about to ask about the head of the household, her future father in law, but she was interrupted midway by her father who has accompanied her for the meeting.

"Where's the old man?" Before he could say another word, a stern voice from behind stopped him from doing so.

"Dear? I suppose you should be more polite to our in-laws." A dark aura surrounded the beautiful lady who spoke.

"HAHAHA! You three seem like you are having fun. Come on in!" A loud voice came from a man who was now standing at the front door.

Guinevere's father walked over to give the other huge man a big hard pat on the back while they talked happily about the wedding plans. Her mother, who followed behind, quietly gave a quick nod to Guinevere, indicating that she can go round exploring if she wishes to do so.

Guinevere quickly excused herself and find her way into Paxley's garden which was filled with blooming flowers and some quiet space for her to relax at a territory unknown to her.

"Ahh... The flowers are blooming again. I didn't notice since I was so busy practicing new magic again." Guinevere went forward to have a closer look when she felt a presence behind her. She quickly turned around and was about to set off explosive magic when she paused and looked at the man who was defending himself.

"Please don't stand behind me like that. I might accidentally kill you." Guinevere said and took a few steps back.

"Hahaha... That was dangerous, my lady." The handsome young man who was now slightly bowing and gave his biggest smile to the beautiful young lady before him.

"My... Lady? I'm sorry but who are you? Just so you know, I'm about to be engaged– Hold on..." Guinevere paused mid-sentence and took a closer look.

The young man just smiled and was brimming with confidence. "Well, I'm..."

"Paxley Gusion?"

Gusion laughed like he never laughed before when Guinevere finally got who he was. "I don't mean to disrespect you but that was a very cute response from a lady such as yourself."

Guinevere was taken aback by his response and pout a little, showing that she was unhappy about him laughing at her.

"Wait, are you mad at me now?" Gusion stopped laughing and tried to pacify the now upset Guinevere.

"Come on, I apologized for laughing like that–" Gusion was apologizing profusely when Guinevere took the opportunity to pinch his cheeks.

"Ehh... You got a pretty face there." Guinevere giggled and let him go.

They both stared at each other for a second before bursting out laughing at their interaction between them.

They spent the next few hours talking about almost everything and anything, spending each minute trying to know the other a little more than they did the second before.

"Hey, Guin?"

"Yes?"

Gusion hesitated for a moment but he decided that a lady would prefer him to speak the truth than to hide it from her.

"To be honest, I didn't know to expect from this whole arranged marriage situation. But I'm glad we could fit this well with each other."

Guinevere was taken aback by his confession but she too, have to say what was necessary to clear any doubts between them.

"If I may, I do have a confession to make as well. My brother was supposed to marry into this household but I was pushed to do it instead. I was unhappy with not having the freedom to choose my own partner... But I'm glad that it's you now." Guinevere blushed a little while finishing her sentence.

"Guin, I..."

They moved closer to each other, with their lips an inch away, their hearts were beating faster than ever.

"GUSION!!!" A loud voice broke into the intense atmosphere and they quickly broke away before they even did anything.

They blushed and quickly collected their composure before running towards the voice that called out for Gusion. He led the way into a guest room.

"Yes, father?" Gusion said as he entered the room.

"Ah! There you are... With young lady Guinevere?" Gusion's father was wondering why they are together so soon when his wife broke the silence.

"Come in and have tea with us." The beautiful lady who spoke was Gusion's mother.

They sat down as instructed at their respective sides and avoided looking at each other for a moment.

"Since you two should have already met, I'm sure you know what's going to happen right?" Guinevere's father asked the two of them.

They nodded.

"As for your own opinions–" He continued but Gusion interrupted him.

"Sir, with all due respect, your daughter is extremely beautiful and I'm unworthy of her." Gusion started and looked into Guinevere's eyes.

"But if you think I'm worthy to protect her for the rest of my life, then I will gladly do so." He finished and turned to look at Guinevere's parents with confidence.

The Paxleys started crying when Gusion finished his speech.

"Mother, father?! Why are you crying?" Gusion panicked and tried to calm his parents down.

"I'm so proud of you, my son." Gusion's father said and patted his back. His mother just nodded in agreement, causing the Baroque family to laugh.

The couple looked at each other and smiled. This is where everything will begin, they will unite this land and make a better future for their future children to live in.

End.

Extra:

Lancelot: AM I NOT GOING TO GET MORE SCREEN TIME???

A/N: Maybe next time.

Guinevere: After I blast you into Mars again.

Lancelot: Please don't.

A/N: Thank you for reading!! Please leave a comment or whatnot if you enjoyed it. Also, I would like to announce that I've started a Ko-fi page (Link is in my bio) so do buy me a coffee to help support me and/or if you would like to encourage me to write more ❤️