promises|10

𝕒𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟 𝕡𝕠𝕧

When did it all go wrong? Just yesterday, Riley acted like a total bitch to Katie. Today she came to me, complaining that she got banned from Wired.

"Don't you have some ex-employee shit?" Riley asked. Ugh, god she can be so annoying! I tried to keep calm and replied - "Uhh, iunno. Though it's ok, we can go to other places".

"Yea but that's not the problem" 🤨.

"It's that bitch Katie" she continued, "I mean she got some nerve showing up there"

"Showing up where?"

"Wired, ugh. Didn't you listen to anything I said?!"

"Just continue"

"So she shows me this bitch attitude and on top of that Barry guy kicks us out"

"Hmm, yea" honestly, I just felt like telling her that I don't give a shit about her drama. I mean it's not like she's got a depressing life or anything and she's the real bitch in almost everything. I faked as if I was on her side, I couldn't handle any more.

She put her head on my chest and slept. I got lost in thought. 'Is this really where I wanna be?' I asked myself. 'In this position, stuck with her.' She just doesn't feel right. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't let go of the fact that she was so mean to Katie.

Katie, somehow it felt like we still vibed. Somehow that name fixed everything. As soon as I thought of her, I just...I just felt like I didn't have any problems. Like everything was okay, and that maybe I was on the right track after all. But I'm not, I know that too. And I know what I need to do.

*the next day*

Katie called me in the evening. She was having a panic attack. I called out to her many times, "Katie, did you just..." I trailed off. She knew what I meant. Finally she replied - "Yea but I'm ok now"

"Okay, good"

"Bye now"

"Bye" promises were made and promises were forgotten...