Chapter 21

"She died, she's gone." Harry said.

"What?" I said shocked, "Harry I don't get it, how did she die?"

"Andrew. He made it look like a car crash but I know it was him. I've seen him do this kind of stuff before." Harry said standing up. He looked furious. His eyes turned dark and his breathing became heavy.

"It's all fucking Andrew's fault!" he screamed.

Harry ran his fingers through his hair again and again, turning it into knots. He paced back and forth across the living room. I stayed quiet, too nervous that if I spoke he would lash out.

"I should have killed him when I had the chance. All of this would have been over. I wouldn't have to deal with him." Harry muttered under his breath.

"Harry, please just calm down." I said quietly.

"No Violet, you don't fucking get it! He killed her!" He screamed.

Harry was vivid. He picked up a book and threw it across the room, knocking over a picture in the process. The glass flew out of the frame and shattered across the floor. He turned around and punched the wall causing a hole to be formed where his fist hit it.

"Harry stop!" I yelled, walking over to him and grabbing him arm.

As soon as he saw me his eyes turned soft. He looked scared and worried, tears streamed down his face.

"I'm sorry, Violet," Harry cried, "I'm so sorry. You weren't supposed to be involved with this or me."

"It's okay Harry," I said, pulling him into a hug, "We'll figure it out."

He slid down against the wall and sat on the floor with his head between his knees. I sat down next to him, rubbing small circles on his back trying to calm him down. It hurt me to see Harry like this, so upset and worried. I knew he was going to protect me but I couldn't wrap my head around all the new information he just gave me.

We sat against the wall for an hour and talked about simple things like our favorite color and what our favorite movie was as a kid. I just wanted him to calm down so I could figure out everything that he just told me. I was nervous but I wanted to help him get through it and out of Andrew's debt.

"Let's go clean up your hand, okay?" I said standing up.

Harry nodded and followed me into the kitchen.

"You remember where the first aid kit is?" Harry asked.

"Yeah I'll be right back, sit down." I said, walking into the bathroom to get the kit.

I walked back into the kitchen to find Harry sitting on the countertop like he did so many months ago. His feet swung lightly back and forth and he was humming a tune under his breath.

"Let me see your hand." I said walking up to him.

He held out his hand and it look painful. It was bruised purple and black with cuts all along his knuckles.

"How much does it hurt?" I asked, examining it.

"I can't move it much but I'll be fine." he said.

He sounded ridiculous, "Harry if you can't move it then you're not fine. We need to go to the hospital to get this checked out."

"No Violet, I'm not going to the hospital."

"Why not?"

"I just can't go to the hospital, okay? I'll be fine. Just wrap it or something."

"Okay fine." I said, giving in easily.

I cleaned his cuts and wrapped his hand the best I could, trying to prevent it from moving too much.

"You've done this one too many times." Harry said smirking.

"What? Fixing your hand?" I said chuckling.

"No, taunting me like this," Harry said, "At the bar, in my car before, even at the hospital, and this right now."

I blushed as I walked closer so I was right in front of him.

"I've missed you Violet. Those two months were torture without you. Even though we barely knew each other, I kept wondering what could have happened if I stuck around."

"But you're here now. Let's see what happens." I said, putting my arms around his neck.

I leaned in so our foreheads were touching. I could hear his breath hitch. I finally closed the distance between me and him and pressed my lips to his. Harry dominated the kiss, moving his lips in sync against mine.

He bit my lip softly, asking for entry. I pulled away slightly, keeping my forehead pressed against his.

"Harry," I whispered.

"I know, it's fine," he said jumping down off the countertop, "I'll go get you something to sleep in."

I put away the first aid kit and followed Harry into his bedroom. He tossed me a t-shirt and a pair of boxers. I got changed in the bathroom and walked back into the living room.

The glass from the picture Harry knocked over was everywhere. I cleaned up the glass and picked up the picture. It was a picture of Harry and Sarah.

They had their arms wrapped around each other and big smiles on their faces. I've never seen Harry look this happy. He rarely smiled but when he did it was beautiful.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked walking up behind me.

"It's the picture you knocked over before." I said turning around, handing Harry the picture.

"This was a week before she died. We were at Zayn's party."

"Did you move here after she died?" I asked carefully, hoping Harry wouldn't lose his temper again.

"No, I've always lived here. I just went to a different school but it was too hard after Sarah died. I couldn't go back to the same school."

I nodded my head, unsure of what to say next.

"You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the couch." Harry said.

"No, don't be ridiculous. It's your house, let's go." I said walking into his bedroom and climbing in his bed.

Harry slid in next to me and turned the light off.

"Hey Violet?" Harry whispered.

"Yeah?" I said, flipping over so I was facing him in the dark.

"Thanks for staying, not many people do."

"Of coarse Harry." I said closing my eyes. I heard Harry whisper something but I was asleep before I could ask him what he said.

A.N. hope you guys liked the chapter :) it was pretty hard to write so comment what you thought and don't forget to vote