Graduation Day

Theodosias P.O.V

It was finally graduation day. I did it. I realized that Phillip was waking up as I was already dressed and ran up to him and jumped onto him as I realized I was straddling him as he said, " Your hyper. " I laughed kissing him passionately as I said, " Well, we're graduating! I'm so happy! " Phillip smiled kissing me again and got up as he got dressed said, " All of this was worth it..." as he pulled on his graduation gown and looked at himself. I said, " You look great." He said, " Thanks baby girl." I kissed the tip of his nose as he smiled as we grabbed hands and made our way outside where the graduation ceremony was being held. We sat down as I saw my dad cheering and waving frantically I waved back as the graduation began as I held Phillips hand as he smiled. The principal began his speech as everyone was quiet. I saw Zuris' name get called as she got up said thank you and walked down. She wave at me as I waved back. I sighed as I heard my name get called eventually. "Theodosia Burr, please come up to receive your degrees and your diploma! She's the first person to receive three P.H.Ds' in one year!" I smiled and happily skipped up on stage said, " Thank you!" I grabbed my P.H.Ds' as I went up to to the microphone said," Hello! Hi, I am so happy that I finally made it this far. I am honored to be receiving these degrees and I am honored to be here. I made some many memories and definitely am proud of these accomplishments. Thanks to all my teachers for helping me out even if there was protesting in the way. And to my fiancée who was always there when I needed you and being just.... flat out amazing! Love you! And the protesting is making a significance and will pretty much affect our generation and let us see things clearer through an African Americans perspective. Things may be hard, but we'll be okay. Black Power For Life! " As I raised my fist up as a lot of people did in return. I smiled as everyone began applauding  as I sat next to Phillip he placed his hand on my thigh as he said, " Great job Theo. Nice speech." I gave him a kiss said, " Thank you." I saw Jamal get his award as me, Phillip,  Kenya, Zuri, and Destiny and our families cheer for him. They cheered for each of us. I heard Phillip get called as everyone cheered as he jumped up and walked up and gave a small thank you speech... Soon, everyone was taking pictures as it was all finally over.... 

Later...

Everybody was at Phillips house as we were all partying. I decided to go talk to Mrs Eliza again as she came to me first. She asked, " Would you like to have your wedding at my father's mansion?" I said, " That's what I was going to say, I'd love to have my wedding there! Umm....now that I'm a adult and no longer in school so... am I allowed to think about children now?" Eliza said, " of course your allowed to! Why... you thinking about that? " I said, " Well, yeah. I've been considering... but..." She asked, " But what?" I said, "Well....nevermind. I don't know how to say it.." She said, " Well when you do, I'll be outside." I nodded as she went outside as Mr Hamilton followed her and began talking to her. I sighed as I felt a pair of arms around my waist as I turned around and was met with Phillips lips pressed against mine as I passionately kissed him back. I giggled. He pointed at the mistletoe said, " Mistletoe. That's why " I said, " Nuh uh! You wanted too." He laughed kissed my forehead as he said, " You right..." I smiled as I realized I was having my wedding on Christmas day. Wow, what a great time. I'm very excited about my wedding day! I began thinking as Angie said, " Sup Theo!" I said, " Wassup gurl. " Kenya, Destiny and Zuri came up too as we all began talking about my wedding day as they said, " Well, we're excited! " Angie asked, " Hey um can i-" I asked, " Can you be my maid of honor?" Angie blushed asked, " Really? What about Zuri?" I smiled said, " am I able to have more than one?" Angie said, " Just one." I said, " Erm....but I want it to be both of you! It's my wedding,  I can do what I want with it!" Angie said, " Okay." We continued yakking about it until I got tired and saw Phillip walking upstairs. I asked, " Where are you going? " He said, " To my room. There's something I have to do..." I said," Lemme help!" He said," No!" I seem startled at his outburst as he said," I mean that you can't. There's something for you in there. " I said, " Oh. Okay." What presant? Wait....then shouldn't I get him something too? It'd be awkward if I didn't! I just don't know what to get him....Wait, lemme just ask about this whole...presant thingy... I sighed as I walked to Eliza as she was outside with Mr Hamilton. I asked, " Um...can I talk to you, Eliza?" Eliza nodded as Mr Hamilton kissed her forehead as he walked past me, I asked, " Um, should I get something for Phillip on our wedding? Is it like...a traditional thing?" Eliza said, " Why of course! It'd be awkward if you didn't. Do you need help?" I said, " Yeah...but I wan to make it myself." Eliza said, " Well, a little bird told me that you have wonderful artistic skills and you should make him a mini booklet about himself....he'd like it a lot." I said, " Okay! Thank you Eliza!" As I gave her her a hug. She said, " Your welcome. "