Nefarious

I caught myself writing this story last night an became in love with the plot.

Enjoy !

Don't forget to vote & Fan

XOXO , Sabrina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's a quarter after dawn, I'm a lot of drunk and I need you now!" Sang my best friend Lily at the top of her lungs and completely off key.

"Lilybeth, I love you. But you need to calm down! You'll wake up my neighbors!" I didn't feel like waking up tomorrow morning ...well actually it was more like today's afternoon with a yellow slip taped on my door.

My neighbors are the type of people that complain about the sun being hot and the night being cold. Every little thing bothers them, the first week I moved into this apartment they were nice, they brought me a welcome basket and the wife, Susan, baked me some cookies.

Later that same week I had a house-warming party and of course I invited them. They failed to show up but didn't hesitate to send the cops as their replacement.

"Oh boo-hoo" Lily mocked, she was wasted.

Lily had a tendency to get completely hammered when there was anything to celebrate. Today her alcohol party was due to the fact that she was moving in with me.

"Alright, so what are we doing tonight?" I asked as I headed toward my kitchen. For a two bedroom apartment it was a decent size.

It had a balcony which stretched as long as my bedroom and gave a perfect view of the mountains. My bedroom was a master bedroom which means I have more than enough space for all my things, not that I have many things. Inside it was the bathroom and the closet both nothing too special. The living room was small and cozy, I still haven't got the time to organize it yet and Lily moving in has made things really hectic. Lastly there was my kitchen, which I hardly ever put to use. I have only been here for 3 weeks and during this time all I've ever made in this kitchen was a sandwich.

Lily's soon to be room was smaller than mine but not small at all. It didn't have a balcony like mine but it had a hell of a closet, and Lily needed a huge closet.

"Club, dancing, and boys." She grinned as she twirled around in the space that wasn't occupied by big brown boxes.

"I think we need to focus on getting settled in." I wanted to actually sit on my brand new couch instead of using it as a box holder.

"You have gotten so boring Hay!" She screamed at me.

"You know what fine! Let's go!" I was tired of her complaining, if she wanted to go out we would. Even if that meant that we had to spend one more night surrounded by boxes.

"YES!" Lily screamed and continued to dance around the apartment.

~*~

As I stepped out of the shower a shiver ran down my spine as a gust of cold air hit me.

"LILY!" She was seriously going through menopause it was late October in New Hampshire and she had turned the AC on.

"What?!" She screamed from her bedroom , even though we were separated by one flight of stairs I could hear her perfectly. The perks of living in a lonely townhouse/apartment.

"Turn the air off." I said as I grabbed my robe and ran to my bedroom planning to escape the cold gust of wind making my insides freeze.

"Hayley, it's hot in here." At 20 years old my bestfriend was already sufferring from menopause.

You've got to be kidding me.....

"Whatever!"

I directed my attention on to what I was going to wear tonight. I stepped into my walking closet and went straight to my dresses.

I definitely had to update my collection I had worn all 12 dresses at least once.

'With what money' my inner voice spoke up.

Shit , I have to get a job.

Back in New York things were so much simpler; I mean there would be jobs almost everywhere. Now being new to this state I was lost but if I was going to school here I would have to make it work.

I was attending Julliard, but that took a nasty turn when I busted my ankle in my last ballet recital. My mother and father, being the over dramatic adoptive parents that they are, said I couldn't dance anymore. My ankle is fine now, but I'm stuck with the wonderful career as a paralegal.

Oh joy.

Shifting my focus once again I decided on a one shoulder black lace dress that fit me like a glove , it came down to about mid-thigh which had me a little off because last time I wore this dress it fell right on top of my knees.

As I grabbed my red pumps from the shoe rack I caught a glimpse of my old ballet slippers.

God I miss dancing. I could start dancing again I had seen a couple of dancing studios around here.

Dismissing that thought I went downstairs to my makeup artist.

"Hey L can you do my makeup?" I said walking down the hall just in time to see Lily checking herself out in the mirror.

She was wearing a gorgeous strapless blue mini dress that hugged her curves perfectly.

"Yeah sure , have a seat." She gestured to the fluorescent pink vanity standing by her window.

"So , where are we going tonight." I asked out of plain curiosity.

"Club LUNA." She said sounding out each syllable with a fake Spanish accent.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"It's a new club, just opened tonight." she said knowing exactly what I was thinking.

"That should be fun."

~*~

We arrived at the club and it was packed. The smell of sweat, liquor and sex was in the air which is the sign of a good club. Lily was beaming with excitement when we walked in. She looked just like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"Let's dance!" She grabbed my hand and all but ran to the dance floor.

I started swaying my hips to the catchy pop song playing , it seemed vaguely familiar although I couldn't place it.

"Hay, I don't mean to scare you but there is this guy that has been starring at you since we walked in."

We were at the bar taking down all the shots we could handle, I was nowhere near drunk but Lily couldn't walk a straight line even if I helped her.

"Your wayyyyyy past your limit. Maybe it's time we get home." I said finally standing from the plastic stool that was making my butt numb.

"Hayley, I'm serious it's actually kind of creepy." She told me.

"Okay, who is it then?" I said turning around and scanning the crowd. There were plenty of guys although none of them interest me.

I would never date a guy I meet at a club , those guys only caused trouble.

"Lily, who is it?" She pointed at a guy sitting right across from us at a booth.

His hair was slicked back and he was wearing a black suit, his eyes were pricing into mine and I couldn't look away.

He had me in a trance and before I knew it I was walking towards him.

What are you doing? You know there's something off about him.

I stood in front of him and he patted the space next to him.

"Take a seat." he said in a lust-filled tone.

So I did.