Chapter 9

Adora's POV:

I walked down to practice like any other day and found Glimmer and Bow waiting for me.

"Hi Adora, my mom said that today was crunch time." Glimmer said .

"Okay! How long are we training today?" I asked looking around to try and find a schedule.

"Well I'm gonna go with crunch time is different in the Horde. Here we just have a list of things to do and however fast we finish them then we're done!" Glimmer exclaimed. I looked at her in shock, usually in the Horde crunch time was where we just practiced the whole day.

"Okay um sure!" I said in false excitement because I didn't really know what would come next.

I entered the room and noticed Sea Hawk putting on a private pop concert or something where Mermista and Frosta were sitting next to each other and occasionally glancing at each other with the same look that said 'Okay what are we even watching?' Bow started cheering him on an Glimmer just facepalmed. It finally stopped once a bot came in and pushed him aside.

Mermista gave a really light smile while Frosta started laughing and Entrapta came in and said "That was Emily, my new bot I made in robotics! There is so much more to do if I could just-"

"Settle down," Angella said as she walked in with a serious expression. "Now we all know that the Rebellion hasn't won in years and we all want to change that so I suggest we get serious now." 

I sat down and started listening intently my mind fading off of Catra.

Catra's POV:

Shadow Weaver came in looking a little weird but I took a breath and looked straight. She had come in kind of grasping onto a table by the room and looked like she felt like throwing up. I took my mind off this and payed attention so nothing would happen.  

"Hi Shadow Weaver," I greeted as she glared at me. I felt her grasping my arm as she pulled me in and said "Don't try anything with me Catra!" I almost yelped back in shock but held it back as I smelled something vile and disgusting. Was I the only person who smelled this awful smell? Well I do have enhanced senses but still! 

"Um are we gonna get started with classes or..." Lonnie started.

"DON'T TEST YOUR PATIENCE WITH ME LONNIE!" Shadow Weaver screamed at her as she backed up with her hands up.

"I WANT YOU ALL TO RUN SUICIDES FOR THE WHOLE DAY!!!" Shadow Weaver said in a menacing tone.

I got confused because usually she only made me run suicides and stuff like that. I honestly felt like throwing up because the smells and also heard a small groan escape her. I sighed and muttered to myself 'just the pleasure of having enhanced senses'.

"Um bu- U mean the who-whole fo-fourteen hours b-b-b-b-but that's" Kyle stuttered as he lost his wording.

"YES, Is there something wrong Kyle?" she said with a menacingly calm tone.

"N-No" he stuttered out with Rogelio keeping a hand on his shoulder.

"Good." she replied simply. I got confused what was wrong? Something was a little off... I noticed her bend down in exhaustion a little so I reached my hand over to see what was going on before she just suddenly got back up, flinched away, and said "YOU INCOMPETENT-" 

I flinched back and went over to the fields with Lonnie, Kyle, Rogelio, and Scorpia.

While we were running I noticed Kyle continuously face plant, Rogelio was doing okay but was just a little slow, Scorpia was also fine but she seemed tired, and Lonnie was actually doing a pretty good job at keeping up.

By the time we were done I saw Kyle throwing up, Scorpia was laying down on the field, Lonnie was just gasping for air and Rogelio was silent like usual. I felt like taking a breath in but didn't want to upset Shadow Weaver so I just stood up as straight as I could.

"Uh, Shadow Weaver was this all really necessary?" Lonnie asked while gasping for breath in her normal sassy voice.

"Should I HAVE LET YOU REST ALL DAY!?!?!?" Shadow Weaver shouted back.

"No but-" I cut her off because I couldn't take anymore of this conversation.

"Yeah whatever Shadow Weaver can we just go now?" I asked hoping to ease the tension because honestly I just felt like sleeping.

She gave a low growl but proceeded to walk away as I heard sighs of relief from the corner.

Glimmer's POV:

Adora has been really worked up over this competition lately. She always asks me what to do related to practice and although she has learned to relax a little more I'm still kinda worried. I noticed her talk to this Catra girl earlier but I prefer to call her Horde Scum because she seems like such a fake friend to Adora and I'm glad she's with us now so I decided to take her to the coffee shop with Bow and I. I wanted to do this so she could be reminded of when we had fun sneaking out when she was still with the Horde.

**Texting**

Glimmer - Hi

Adora - Hi, Wyd?

Glimmer - Just wondering whether you'd like to meet up at the coffee shop with Bow and I.

Adora - U mean the one that only Brightmoon can access?

Glimmer - Yep, that's the one!

Adora - Kk, I'm on my way there!

**At the coffee shop**

No one's POV:

"So why'd you invite me here?" Adora asked with question.

"I just wanted to remind you of old times when we had to sneak out!" Glimmer giggled.

"Okay..." Adora trailed off.

"Look Adora I know this wasn't Glimmer's plan but we need to talk to you about Catra." Bow suddenly spoke up.

"Yeah what about her?" Adora asked.

"You have to let her go Adora I mean you can't just pretend like everything's alright!" Bow exclaimed with more fierceness than he had expected.

"Look I know but-" Adora started.

"If she had wanted to come with us she would have Adora!" Glimmer fought back.

Adora wanted to reply but her mouth felt dry as she walked away with tears slipping down her cheek. She knew that they were right but couldn't bring herself to do it.

Note: You are probably going to have a roller coaster of liking Shadow Weaver and hating Shadow Weaver.