𝘴𝘪𝘹.

STANDING outside, destiny waited for mauricio to arrive. it wasn't freezing as much which came as a surprise to her considering the fact that it's nighttime. "destiny!" mauricio jogged to her and saw that she was only wearing a long sleeve shirt.

      "you sure you're not cold?" he took off his jacket and proceeded to put it around her. she wore it and smiled. "thanks mauricio." he smiled at her and stared into her eyes for a quick second. her eyes were brown, more like hazel brown in a way. basic, but to him they seemed unique. "so where are you taking me tonight?" they walked together in the busy city, trying their best not to get pushed. "one of my favorite local restaurants." mauricio called an uber which perfectly pulled up on the street beside them. he opened the door for her and she smiled. "you're so sweet." she blushed a little, but quickly realized she couldn't catch feelings for him.

he sat next to her, and closed the door. "i haven't ate since breakfast so i am starvingg." her stomach growled as she rubbed it. she felt a tiny bit embarrassed but he laughed at this. she laughed a little along with him, feeling comfortable. she moved closer to him remembering how warm he was. she leaned against him, and she had a great view of all the buildings. tonight seemed beautiful. it felt like it was gonna rain, but that was impossible. there were many stars out tonight, more than usual. "aren't stars so beautiful." she questioned as she looked up at them. "they are." he agreed.

as the uber came to the stop, destiny was unfamiliar with everything. mauricio and destiny got off, not forgetting to tip their driver. "where is this?" she asked him as she looked around. they were in a neighborhood. "queens." he replied. "it's pretty here." destiny admired every building to every puddle of rain on the ground. "my apartment's right down there."

       she turned around to see a nice modern apartment with trees surrounding it. she smiled at it. "i like it." destiny turned back and smiled at mauricio. "okay, this place is called tom's burger shop and i swear, they have the best burgers ever." mauricio had already eaten but he was always down to eat some burgers. "that sounds good... how much are we getting?"

"as much as you want." destiny felt pleased to hear this and was grateful to have mauricio as a friend. she would always be the one paying for her friends food so it felt unusual for her. they walked into the shop and it was crowded. as they waited in line, destiny's eyes scanned the menu and everything looked good. beside her was a middle aged couple devouring a thick cheese burger. "i want the extra large cheese burger." destiny told him. he looked at her in shock. "i'll have one too." that was mauricio's favorite even though most of the time he was unable to finish it. destiny liked that about mauricio. with carlos he would always give her looks and would judge her about how much she ate. that caused her to always eat salads with him and eat tons of food with her friends and family. she never ate much with carlos which she hated cause destiny loved food with a passion.

      "you're gonna eat just the burger?" destiny nodded. "nah we gotta get more food." a huge smile appeared on her face cause she thought he would judge her. "okay, let's get those huge fries, with some soda, and for dessert, let's get that huge cupcake." the shop served delicious fresh food, which felt different for destiny. she lived in l.a so most of the food there was processed and only some places served fresh food. in this shop, they had a wide window which showed everybody baking, cooking, and simply just working. as it was their turn, they ordered their food and the total came to a whopping $56.79. destiny felt bad that mauricio was paying so she insisted on paying half. "dess, really, it's okay." he placed her money back in her pocket and she still felt bad. "no please, i insist." destiny pulled it out of her pocket and handed it to the cashier. he paid his half and they walked back to sit down at a table.

     "destiny, you really didn't have to do that." mauricio wanted to pay but he decided he should hear destiny's answer first. "i'm sorry but it was an instinct. i just normally pay for a lot of people so i got used to it. not that i'm complaining or anything, but i just feel good when i pay half or all of it. especially considering how expenisve it was." mauricio smiled at her, appreaciating her kindness. "thanks destiny." destiny gave him a sweet smile along with a soft head nod. as they waited, they got to know each other a bit more. once the food had arrived, they began eating. destiny took a huge bite from her burger and felt more than happy. it didn't taste like the burgers from l.a, this burger tasted way more delicious. "lemme try the fries." mauricio passed them over to her and they weren't very greasy. she ate one and it was just as good as the burger. her mouth felt like heaven. "this is soooo good." she took a sip of her soda which was also delicious of course. "i can't wait for dessert though." destiny looked at the cupcake and knew that was gonna finish off her entire meal.

mauricio and destiny devoured everything, including the cupcake. they stood up, and left a tip on their table. they walked out of the store feeling full and unable to walk. "can we go to your place?" destiny felt sleepy and mauricio nodded. "that food was really good." she felt bloated, except she didn't regret devouring everything back at the shop. "my favorite had to be the cupcake." mauricio told her. "mine was the burger. everything else was really good but nothing could top the burger." she stepped in a puddle of rain but simply ignored it. "did it rain yesterday?" she asked him. "yeah like a lot." he stepped in a puddle of rain as well but it didn't really bother him. destiny looked up at the trees, along with the stars. she never really liked new york but for some reason, today changed her entire view of it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
im wanna make a asap rocky
book.... maybe in the future, i still want
to write more books though..

 maybe in the future, i still wantto write more books though