Chapter 1- The beginning.

New addition!

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I groan loudly. My alarm goes on and on making me annoyed. I hit the snooze button and roll over to my side and fall back to sleep peacefully.

I hear a sound. A loud sound. Sounds like my alarm. My eyes snap open in panic. I quickly roll over to look at the clock. My eyes bulge out of their sockets. I rip the covers off my body and slide off my bed in full swing. I'm an hour late. I've never been an hour late before. Damnit I should have never stayed up that late. I just couldn't put down my case files. I had to finish them before I gave them to Mr. Henderson to look over.

I quickly walk over to my bathroom and switch the light on. I do all the business I need to do before I walk out and grab my clothes for the day in a quickening rush. I avoid taking shower and pull my somewhat greasy hair into a pony tail. I pull my front bangs out. They sit flattened on my forehead so as quickly as possible I scrounge around for a clip, and clip up my hair. I look into the mirror. My brown hair looks sad without any special treatment I normally give it. "This will have to do." I nod and walk out of the bathroom.

My clothes sit on my unmade bed. A red blouse and a skirt that goes to my knees. Quickly discarding my clothes I yank and toss on my new pair of clothes on to my slim but curvy body. I walk to my human sized mirror and take a quick look before grabbing my heals and slipping them on.

I leave my room closing the door behind me. I fast walk down my flight of stair nearly falling a couple of times and come into the dark kitchen. Navigating my way around through memory I grab an apple take a bite, and walk around my counter and to the living room.

I hear slight snores coming from my father. I look over the couch and see him sprawled across it. He seems so calm. I shake my head at myself nothing about my dad is calm.

I lean over the couch and grab his cover that are throw to his feet and lay them onto his cold body. I kiss him on the head and smile. "Bye dad see you later." I get a solid grunt and a silent 'love you'. I roll my eyes and back away from the couch and grab my keys and walk out the door.

I make it to my car when I remember something so extremely important to my job. My case files. I groan in frustration and mumble cuss words to myself. I run back inside the house and run up my flight of stairs passing by family portraits of me and my dad. I run into my room and look at my desk and there sits four fat stacks of cases. I quickly slide them off the table and hold them in my hand tightly. I start my process of leaving all over again by closing my door running down the stairs almost falling twice and yelling at my dad saying 'bye'. I was so lost in my thoughts I forgot that an apple was still in my hands.

I walk outside and feel the cold air that I know it will be warm and hot later on and walk back to my car. I unlock my car and carefully toss my files to the passengers side. I take one last look around me and then pop myself into my car. I put my keys into the ignition and twist them. My car roars to life. I close my eyes taking the roar in. I love my Mustang.

I peel out of my drive way and speed off towards the now busy city.

-----

The office is buzzing into action clients here and there. There is no way Max will notice that I was late. I look at my clock on my phone and it reads ten. Only an hour. I'm only an hour late. I inwardly groan. I run to my office and before my hand even touches the handle the one voice I didn't want to hear booms through the office.

"Ms. Hart! You're late!" I literally jump when I hear the Max Henderson's voice.

"Sorry sir. I over slept." Everyone stops and looks at me then at Max.