Felix

He gave you a disappointed look before pinching the bridge of his nose. You blinked twice as he sighed.

"Watch closely," he said slowly before getting into position.

"'Watch closely,'" you quietly mocked to yourself, though he heard you and gave you a stern look. You cleared your throat and looked away for a moment before he started counting.

"5, 6, 7, 8!" He started repeating the same dance moves with each count, showing you step-by-step how to do the dance slowly.

You sighed deeply and loudly. "Do we have to do this?"

Felix shrugged. "You wanted my help and I'm helping you. But if you don't want to become Tik Tok famous then I guess I'm done here."

He turned around and started walking away.

Your eyes widened as you gasped and ran after him. You hugged him from behind, keeping him from walking away any farther.

"Please don't go," you begged. "I'll listen to you."

He didn't say anything and you couldn't see his face but you knew he was smiling. No matter how tough or angry he tried to act, he was too much of a dork and too sweet to stay mad at you.

He turned around to face you, causing you to let go of your hug. "Okay. But you have to actually try."

You pouted. "Or . . . we could do a different trend instead of a dance."

He just stared at you, slowly blinking with his mouth also forming a bit of a pout.

"Heh . . ." You felt your heart beating super fast, wondering if you should actually say your suggestion or not. "We could do the 'best friends kiss' thing."

He rolled his eyes, but at least he was smiling now. "First of all, you aren't supposed to tell me beforehand about it if we were going to do that. And second, no."

You frowned. "Well maybe you're not the best friend I was talking about."

He laughed. "Like you have any other friends."

Your eyes widened and you smacked him.

"Ow," he hissed while still laughing.

"Oh!" You immediately forgot about his insult as you came up with a new idea. "How about we make a Tik Tok where you try to teach me a dance but I completely fail? If I get your perfect face in the vid, that'll be, like, 100,000 views right there."

He rolled his eyes. "No, I'm not going to let you leech off of this—" he motioned toward his face. "Besides, you can become famous on your own if you try hard enough."

"But I'm too lazy for that," you whined. "What if you rap off-screen and I lip synch to it? Technically it's not 'leeching off of your face.'"

He laughed again before pulling you into a hug. "No. You should make a Tik Tok that is one-hundred percent you."

You didn't want to say anything and just enjoy the comfort of his hug. You wanted to pretend that maybe, just maybe, he reciprocated your feelings. But you knew that wasn't true.

You looked up at him with his arms still wrapped around you, hoping you weren't blushing too hard for him to notice. "I act 100% me all the time and look at my social life."

"Hey, you landed yourself an Aussie boy," he countered.

You nodded your head and mumbled, "Mhmm . . . and a cute one too."

"Tch," he chuckled and pulled away from the hug. "Okay, if you don't want to do any dances, then what else could you do?"

He started listing off ideas but you started getting stuck in your own thoughts. Every time you complimented him, you hoped that his cheeks or ears would tint pink, even just a tiny bit. He used to blush a lot when the two of you first became friends. But now that you two have gotten closer, he thought of you as his little sister. And you thought of him as way more than just a friend.

Even though he didn't share the same feelings as you, you were still happy with your friendship. Despite the fact that he had been the new kid at your school, you were the one that needed help making friends. And for some reason, he thought you were interesting enough to become friends with and now you two were practically inseparable.

"OH!"

Immediately you grabbed your phone, and set up the Tik Tok with the greenscreen effect and started recording.

Felix looked at you confused before you ran over

to him and showed him the screen.

"So . . . best friend," you said knowingly. "Is it true?"

He made eye contact with you and said, "No."

You gasped in surprise. "You're blushing. You never blush anymore!"

This caused him to only turn redder.

You wiggled your eyebrows. "So . . . you have thought about it, huh? You, me, a bed, no parental supervision. . . ."

He laughed, taking a few steps away from you in the process but you made sure that the both of you were still in frame.

"You, me, a bed, no parental supervision," he repeated after you with his low voice, making your heart race, "during a movie night with some popcorn and snacks."

Your hopeful expression dimmed into disappointment. But then you smiled mischievously. "Ah, I see, I see. You're talking about some Netflix and Chill with snacks." You motioned toward yourself while saying snacks.

He rolled his eyes. "This is why you have no friends."

You burst into laughter and ended the recording.

"Seriously though, don't post that," he said, still with a smile. "You don't have my consent."

"Mhmm," you mumbled, already setting work to editing. "And I didn't give you consent to steal my heart and yet, here we are."

You weren't looking at him but you could sense the eyeroll.

You did hear him sigh, though. "I don't even know why I'm still friends with you anymore."

You grinned. "Because you love me."

He didn't say anything—not even to deny your statement—which kept you happy. 

~*~

i wrote this before the news came out about how felix was everyone's crush in school in australia and, like, who wouldn't have a crush on him?? 

thanks for reading this. :D

much love, vivy*