Part 1

Grand Moff Tarkin had called you into his office. In his office, was none other than the infamous Director Orson Callan Krennic. The man was notorious for snapping easily and being very blunt.

As you walked in, Tarkin was sitting at his desk and a taller lean man, in a white tunic and cloak, which made it very easy to figure out who he was, was standing next to the Grand Moff. He was facing the wall, with clearly no interest in being there.

"Ah, Private (y/ln), I have a new assignment for you." Tarkin was smooth with his words.

You simply nodded and waited for him to continue. "You have been placed under Director Krennic's hand. You are to be his assistant so he can focus more on getting his project off the ground."

You heard a slight grumble come from the man in white. "I don't need an assistant, Tarkin." He seemed to spit the older man's name.

"Trust me Krennic, she is top of her class and a very loyal worker. She won't disappoint." You blushed slightly, but managed to keep it to yourself.

He turned on his heel and looked at you. You had felt like you were prey and he was the predator. You quickly found yourself being towered over by him, even though you were frozen in place.

He sighed and looked back at Tarkin. "Fine. I'll take her. But, if she makes one mistake, you can have her back."

The older man nodded and then they both looked at you. You once again, felt even more intimidated.

"Be at my office at 0730. Sharp." He walked out before even letting you answer.

You looked over at Tarkin. "I guess I should probably get to my chambers if I have to wake up earlier than I'm used to." You chuckled nervously.

"You're dismissed (y/ln)." He waved his hand and you nodded and turned on your heel.

When you got to your shared chambers, you had hoped that your roommates were asleep. Unfortunately for you, they weren't. You sighed and started to get ready for bed.

"Oh come on (y/n), why won't you play a card game with us?" Your friend Liani said with a groan.

You chuckled softly and sighed. "Because, I have to report to Director Krennic's office at 0730 tomorrow morning."

Liani and your other two roommates, Toni and Shianah seemed suprised. "Why? What did you do?"

You chuckled softly. "I didn't do anything. I was promoted to his assistant. I'm honestly not sure why, or if I can do it."

You recalled just how nervous you were in Tarkin's office. "You're toast. You won't last a day. It was nice knowin' you (y/n)!" Toni remarked.

You rolled your eyes. "Shut it. I'm going to bed. Keep it down."

You set the alarm on your watch for 0500, unaware of how long it'll take you to get ready. You roll over in your bed and fell asleep fairly quickly.

_______________________________

In the morning, your alarm went off and you shot up. You quickly turned it off and got down from your bunk. You noticed that all of your friends were asleep still. So you quickly picked out your nicest uniform and got into the shower.

You ensured that you looked your best and smelled your best for, that mattered too. You realized it was only 0617 at that point and sighed. You grabbed your datapad and slowly made your way down to the canteen.

You had time to kill, so you walked at a slower pace than your normal, which was quite fast. When you got to the canteen, it was almost empty. You quickly got in line and got yourself a smaller breakfast.