I'll make you proud

It's been a long day without you, my friend. And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
- Charlie Puth

*lowercase intended

fred II was confused. his dad would constantly wear a sad smile on his face whenever he looked at him and would cry after scolding him when he thought no-one was watching. poor fred was confused, did daddy not love him?

one day while fred was looking for his birthday present as he couldn't wait to celebrate his 7th birthday as he would be a big boy, he found a photo of his dad and...his dad? he noticed that his dad was smiling, properly, and it was the most happiest thing he had ever seen and then he knew for sure. his daddy didn't love him.

george was tired. working in the joke shop was stressing once, once fred went and all he wanted to do was sleep. before he could even turn the key, his wife, angelina, popped her worried face through the door and as a form of greeting said, "i've been trying all day, he hasn't moved."

"hello to you too, what do you mean he hasn't moved?"

angelina opened the door wider and george was startled to see his son, his strong, boisterous son, crying on the staircase with disheveled hair and tear tracks on his face. it pained george seeing him like this, so he inched is way up to him and whispered, "hey bud, what's wrong?"

his son looked up with emotion in his eyes which he couldn't quite place and asked, "daddy, do you love me?"

whatever he thought it was george wasn't expecting this, he pulled his son into a warm embrace and replied, "why in the name of merlin's left -something i can't say because your mother will kill me- would you say that?"

his son managed a watery laugh, "you never have smiled at me like you smile at your red headed friend. your smile feels...sad"

george was speechless, there was only one answer, he had seen the photos. he pulled fred tighter to his chest and with his voice slowly cracking he spoke, "i have a confession to make. you haven't met all your aunts and uncles yet -now let me finish- there is one more uncle which i hope you won't meet for a long long time. his name was fred."

Fred II gasped audibly, his father hated him
so much he would name him after someone he didn't want him to meet?

"before you were born, there was a bad, bad wizard who walked this earth and your uncle harry was chosen to defeat him. but winning isn't easy and life isn't fair and many horrible things have happened." looking at his son's shocked face, he slowly ploughed on, "there was a boy, his name was fred and he was my everything. he was my other half and we were inseparable. now one day this bad wizard came to hogwarts to fight uncle harry and he brought many bad people with him. of course our family was ready to fight for the light. we were ready to lay down our lives for a better world. and that is what your uncle did. he bravely fought until the very end and was smiling the entire time. the very same smile that has been given to you. i was devastated. i would stay in my room for weeks thinking of what i've lost and when i was finally ready for this world, i married mum and we had you. i finally had a reason to live and i know your uncle freddie is proudly watching us from up there and i know he believes in you."

fred watched as tears started streaking across his father's face and felt his own streaming down his face he engulfed his father in a bear hug.

but what the two broken boys didn't know was that angelina was there, watching everything, with silent tears falling to the ground as she remembered the boy who yelled across the common room to ask her to the yule ball. it may not seem like much but she still had the playful banter between both of them stowed away in her cupboard when she dated him in their 6th year. she slowly walked across the room only for george to hold her arm and pull her into the emotional moment where all three of them shed tears for a lost friend, a lost uncle, a lost brother

fred II realised that his father's eyes were brimming with sadness but his smile showed hope. the hope for a new beginning. he slowly looked up to the sky and whispered, "i'll make you proud."

little did he know, a 19 year old redhead smiled back down at him and whispered, "i know".

A/N

So I nearly cried while writing this and...yeah
(dw my a/n's will get better from now on)