~ IX ~

CHAPTER IX

~Y/n's POV~

The bell rings, indicating that classes had finished.

I see Jungkook standing up and about to leave the classroom.

"Jungkook! Wait, I need to talk to you." I call.

Jungkook knew I was calling him.

He just simply ignored me and left the vicinity.

I sigh.

"That was weird, he has been like this since this morning." Rosé speaks.

"Yeah, I know."

"What the heck happened?" Rosé pouts.

"I don't know." I lie.

I know the kiss was the reason he was being like this.

I just feel ashamed to tell Rosé.

~ A Week Later ~

Jungkook has been very distant for the past week.

Not just to me, but to Rosé as well.

I needed to talk to Jungkook but I never got the chance to.

He was skipping classes and tutorials and there were days where he wouldn't be present at all.

I feel guilty for not telling Rosé about the kiss.

"Hello? Everything okay?" Rosé says before nudging me on the shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I say, continuing to eat my lunch.

"Are you sure? Your face looked really serious there."

"Rosé, there's something I haven't been telling you."

"What is it?"

"Last week, the night before Jungkook started acting all weird and distant."

"Yeah?"

"He...... and I kissed."

"What?! So, is that why he has been distant and flunking classes? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I'm sorry, I felt too ashamed to tell." I looked down, feeling guilty.

"Why would you feel ashamed?"

"Because, it was my fault that he's been distant to you too."

"No don't feel that way. It's fine. I help you talk to him later; we'll go to his house." Rosé smiles.

We finished up our lunches then we headed to the lockers, like we always do.

"Anyways, I'll head to class now, I'll see you after classes." Rosé pats my shoulder before leaving the area.

I close my locker.

I don't wanna be late for my next class.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around and see Jimin standing right in front of me.

"Jimin-"

"Before you say anything, I'm not here to bully you or bother you. I just want to apologize to you." He says

Apologize?

Is this sincere? With the look on his face, feels like it.

"Hmm. Really?"

"Yes, I'm sorry for constantly bullying you. I thought it was all fun and games, I never knew you took it seriously and personally."

"It's fine Jimin, I forgive you. I should've not snapped at you and caused a scene like I did, it was very immature of me."

"No! it's not fine! What I did to you is unacceptable and you have every right to hate me."

"It is unacceptable and I do have every right to hate you, but I also hate holding grudges towards people, especially the ones who never meant any harm, okay Jimin? So I really do forgive you."

"So, can we be friends?" Jimin smiles.

"Sure." I return the smile and give him a hug.

He seemed taken back by the hug, but hugged me back nonetheless.

"I have to get to class, I don't wanna be late we have a test." I say pulling out of the hug.

"What class?"

"Literature."

"Oh, I have that next too! Let's go!"

He must've felt bad the past week.

He never meant any harm.

I wonder what he had to do for punishment.

I heard he got in big trouble for what he did to me.

But it's in the past now, it no longer matters.

~After classes~

"So, all he did was apologize?" Rosé asks.

"Yup, pretty much." I answer.

"You know? I heard he had to clean toilets and the whole entire gym." Rosé mentions.

"Oh. Poor Jimin, he didn't mean any harm, he didn't know I was bothered by his teasing and bullying, I also should've not snapped at him like I did."

"Anyways, let's head to Jungkook's house now."

~o~

Rosé and I arrive at Jungkook's house.

Rosé rings the doorbell.

"Who is it?" We hear a yell from inside, we immediately recognize it was Jungkook's voice.

"It's Rosé." Rosé yells back.

"Go away!" He yells.

"I need to tell you something."

"No!" He shouts, then I hear a loud thud on the other side of the door.

He probably threw something at the door.

"Please!"

"Fine, wait."

We wait for a few moments then the door swings open.

Jungkook instantly spots me standing beside Rosé.

He closes the door, but I push the door to stop him.

"Jungkook, please." I plead.

"Fine." He groans.

We enter his house.

"Ok, this is a problem both of you need to settle alone, bye!" Rosé wastes no time to dash out of the young boy's house.

"Wait Rosé-" I try to stop her, but to no use, Rosé gives me a face full of Jungkook's front door.

I pivot towards the young boy's direction.

Dang, it's so awkward, I could feel it through my skin.

"Jungk-"

"I'm sorry." He apologizes as his eyes drift around the floor of his home.

"I'm sorry for kissing you that night and then being distant towards you and Rosé. I'm also sorry for not being considerate of your feelings." He adds, as he still refuses to make eye contact.

"I didn't mean to-"

"Jungkook, it's okay, I understand." I cut him off.

"Really?" He asks, finally making eye contact. I nod.

"It's fine if you don't like me back, I know you like Taehyung. I'll wait for you." He smiles.

But I do like you but I also like Taehyung.... Ughhh I don't even know myself anymore.

"You'd do that for me?" I smile back.

"Mhmm." He nods, the smile, not even once, leaving his face.

Curse my indecisive feelings. 

Word Count - 969