Epilogue

2 years after the Infinity War

Tessa was sitting crossed legs on the wooden floor in her home. She was staring at swatches of paint on the wall, closely examining each shade. To some this whole venture would seem futile given the extreme likeliness of the blue shades, but to Tessa this was a major dilemma.

She put her hand on her check and declared, "Ok so I'm not a fan of Blue Sage or Water Willow. They are too grandma-y. Aztec White is a no go. It'll clash with the mantel piece." She paused for a minute, "Maybe Lobelia? What do you think Moby?"

"Well Madam, Heather Heights does have an edge and Barely Blue is quite exquisite."

Tessa frowned, "Barely Blue is pretty classy... what about Wisp of Blue?"

"Hmm... that could be a competitor" Moby said thoughtfully.

Tessa threw her arms in the air "Oh! Home renovation! What a hassle."

"Well, Madam I did warn you against the struggle of shade."

"I own a freaking intergalactic magazine! This should not be that hard!" she said through grinded teeth and clenched fists.

"Perhaps you are losing your edge... it has been more than a hundred years."

"Now! Moby! I do not need you to be snarky with me."

"Forgive me... I've been rather tense today... I don't quite know why" he said fidgeting with his hands.

"Moby, that is not a good sign."

"Its probably nothing, I'm first war is over, the blip is done, the second war is still -what- three years away? What could possibly happen?"

Tessa made a face and looked around. "You think that tilted frame is giving you anxiety? Cause it's been bugging me for hours; I'll tell you that."

"What tilted frame? They all look straight to me."

She clicked her tongue. "Never mind. Just keep your mind calm It's probably nothing"

"Probably" he said, clearly ill at ease.

"Probably" she whispered nervously.

CRRAASHHHH

A deafening crash sounded in the front yard! Tessa and Moby tensely looked at each other, Tessa's clothes magically transforming into her battle uniform. They both rushed out of the house to see a huge spaceship completely wrecked smashed into the ground before them. A body seemingly fell out, dragging itself on the ground towards the door. With every movement it made it seemed to twitch and twist. He then stopped. Tessa warily stepped closer to inspect the man. The man raised it his head.

"You gave me your card" he whispered.

Tessa stared in horror as she gazed into Loki's bloodshot eyes.

End of Book 1