1/10

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

y/n glanced at mina's short pink hair from her seat. her leg bounced and her pencil tapped on her desk, y/n noticed.

she noticed a lot about mina.

the way her eyes lit up when y/n came over, the soft smiles they would exchange, and the way her uniform fits her body perfectly. how she clung to other people when she was scared, how her hair blows, even her habit of laughing when she was nervous didn't go unnoticed by y/n.

and one would usually say that looking so far into it means you're in love, but y/n realized it all too late. she couldn't stop herself from falling. she couldn't help herself, really.

mina's rants, her long monologues about shit that doesn't matter, her frustration, happiness, she's all shown it to y/n.

they were best friends after all.

but, y/n supposed, that was all they'd ever be. her crush on her best friend was doomed to be crushed because of mina's sexuality.

y/n fell for a straight girl.

and when she realized it, she was mad. not particularly at anyone, but the weight of knowing she fell for someone unattainable was suffocating.

and the worst part was, she couldn't be mad at anyone.

she couldn't be mad at mina for not liking girls. she couldn't be mad mina was such a bright person that she fell in love with her.

but it was cold. it was a terrible feeling. but it's not like she could distance herself from her best friend, even for both of their sakes.

she supposed her feelings would go away eventually, and die off during the upcoming winter.

but as the cold air bit her neck and cheeks, she realized she hated that feeling. the hopelessness.

"y/nnn?" mina's voice cut through her daze.

"oh! yeah?"

"you look a little lost there? the cold get to you or something?" she giggled.

"ahh..maybe." y/n rubbed the nape of her neck with her cold hands.

maybe her crush would never go away and she'd be stuck longing for someone who would never look at her like that.

she was taken back by mina wrapping her f/c scarf around mina's neck with a warm smile.

"aaand there." mina played with the scarf loop around her neck and lifted her hands up. "one of the worst things about fall is the transition from warm to cold. don't catch a cold, okay?"

"but you'll be-"

"i don't mind, babes. you seem out of it right now."

"oh, i do?" y/n pursed her lips.

"yeah, kinda. is it just the cold?"

"yeah, i'm just not used to it, i guess." she forced a laugh.

'it's you.'

"hmm..okayyy." a buzz erupted from mina's blazer pocket and she took her phone out.

"oh! y/n~" she looked up from her phone. "ochako just texted me that she's hosting karaoke on friday after school. wanna come? i don't wanna go without you~"

"totally, i'll be there."

"oh my god you're the best!" y/n spread her arms for mina to jump in, which she obviously complied, wrapping her arms around her neck.

"who's coming?"

"uhh everyone except bakubabe, i think."

"no katsuki?"

mina let go of the hug.

"nope, but we should kidnap him and take him there."

"that sounds like a disaster. text me the plan later, okay?"

"of course. if we tell him he's not good at singing, he'll try to prove us wrong so we just gotta get him there. i'll see you tomorrow, babes!" mina waved and started walking away.

"see you, mina!"

she watched mina's laugh and walk into the distance before she started walking home in the opposite direction, pausing only for the walk sign on the street.

the passing leaves and burnt orange color around her did nothing but remind her of of the cold feeling constantly in her life. it nipped at her cheeks and blew her hair around, practically screaming at her that her love was hopeless.

mina would never love y/n like she loved her.

♡ ♡ ♡

hi grlies 😋
welcome 2 my mina fic i hope u like!!
it's gonna b 10 prts+an epilogue so p short but sups fluffy ♡'・ᴗ・'♡
enjoy+comment! i like seeing them lolol

++these at the bottom r v not important pls don't mind me here 😭
if there's smth i need 2 say i'll put it at the top