Chapter 1

*no one pov*

As the days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months which then led to years, the two babies that were left on the Dursleys doorstep grew older. As the years passed it was clear on which child they favored, all around the Dursleys household were pictures of two children, one was a beautiful little girl with red hair and a fat little chubby boy with black hair. You wouldn't have any idea that there was a third child. The Dursleys never revealed that they had another child nor did they plan too.

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙✩*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ Lyra p.o.v .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙✩*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

As the sun rose: waking me from my sleep there was this feeling deep within me, something is going to change. Although, I can't place my finger on what. I got up and got dressed for the day. I had so many clothes to choose from it was ridiculous, but as challenging as it was a certain pink dress caught my eyes, I grab a pair of white tights and some flats that were designed with flowers on top. Seeing it all laid out before me seemed like a great choice, at least it doesn't look like aunt Petunia's outfit. I got dressed before heading downstairs just before I could go down Dudley jumped on the stairs right above my brothers' "room" which is a cupboard under the stairs.

"Wake up, cousin! We're going to the zoo!" Dudley shouted.

I slowly take small steps watching as he pushed my brother back into his cupboard and ran off laughing. I open the door, holding my hand out for him to take. Harry sent me a smile as he took my hand. I brush the dust from his messy hair and clothes, my hands fumbled with his shirt to straighten it out.

"Thanks, Lyra." He bashfully said.

"No, problem, Harry," I told him taking his hand leading him to the kitchen.

Seeing Aunt Petunia was babying Dudley as if he was an infant was a sight to see in the morning. She sneered at Harry, her arm quickly snatched me away from my brother and brought me closer to her and our spoiled cousin.

"Now, why don't you just cook the breakfast and try not to burn anything." She snapped.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia," Harry responded meekly.

I couldn't help the frown that took hold of my face. I hate it when they treat him like trash. Aunt Petunia softly shuffled me to the table before covering Dudley's eyes leading him to his mountain of presents.

"Harry, do you need any help?" I asked softly.

"Nonsense girl. He can handle a little housework." Uncle Vernon stated with a smile as if the work he's doing is nothing.

"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day." Aunt Petunia cooed off to the distance. I was too concerned for Harry to care.

"Hurry up, bring my coffee boy," Vernon demanded.

Harry tried to juggle between finishing plating breakfast and placing it on plates, it was a little tough seeing him work so hard. I hopped up from my seat to get uncle Vernon's coffee while my poor brother struggled with a task that wasn't meant to be his. I sent him a reassuring grin and handed uncle his food after taking his plate. Sometimes I wonder how we got stuck with these two three. What did Harry do to deserve this kind of treatment?

Why don't they treat me the same?

But, at least this way, I can sneak him things he needs rather than have both of us suffer and get nowhere at all in this rubbish place.

"Lyra, he could have done it. It's not that--"

"Pardon me, uncle but.. it-it would have been cold by the time he would be finished," I said, cutting him off.

I shared a look with Harry when Vernon went into a side rant thankfully he was interrupted by his ungrateful son. When in doubt trust Dudley to get you out. Not the best saying I admit though he has got me out of many rants on me treating Harry with kindness. Sure, not purposefully but it still works!

I'll never treat him as they do. Nobody deserves that.

"Aren't they wonderful, darling?" Aunt Petunia asked smiling so wide.

"How many are there?" Dudley questioned eyeing his father like a hawk.

"36 I counted them myself." Uncle Vernon boasted.

"36? But Last Year- Last Year I Had 37!"

I cover my ears scrunching my face up in annoyance. He doesn't have to be so loud. However, getting him to shut his trap is like trying to get him to stop being such a brat.

"Now, now, pumpkin when we go out we will buy you two new presents how does that sound?" Aunt Petunia asked, getting a nod of approval in return.

After breakfast, everyone piled into Uncle Veron car just before Harry could get in uncle pulled him aside saying something my ears couldn't pick up from his low tone. Harry got in, I grabbed his hand and tried to fix his hair. He shrughed me off.

"It's never going to help." He stated with a smile.

"No, but it could help." I replied giving him the same smile.

Then we drove off to the Zoo. When we got out, Dudley already had set his gaze on many things causing his parents to rush off with him. Harry and I just follow right behind them as they moved from one place to another. Finally the stop at the reptile part, and we just watched him

"Make him move" Dudley commanded

Uncle veron knocks softly on the glass while saying move

"MOVE" Dudley scream while banging on the glass

"He is asleep" Harry and i both said at the same time.

"He's boring" dudley says moving away.

Once our aunt and uncle leave Harry and i turned back to the snake.

"Sorry about him." I said

"He doesnt understand whats it like laying there day after day watching people press their ugly faces at you" harry finished for me.

The snake raised its head and winked at us. "Can you hear us" we both asked at the same time. The snake nodded.

"We never talk to snake before. Do you speak to people often" Harry asked. The snake shooked his head

I looked over and saw a sign "you from Bruma werent you. Was it nice their? Do you miss your family"

The snake turned his head and thats when we saw "bred in captivity" sign. "Thats us as well we never knew out parents either." I said

Suddenly a loud voice said "Mummy daddy come quick you wouldnt believe what this snake is doing" Dudley said as he was shoving harry and i away.

Dudley leaned against the glass as both Harry and I glared at it. The glass was suddenly vanished into thin air and Dudley fell inside while the snake silthered out

"Thanksssss" said the snake

"Anytime" both of us said

Dudley finally got up but he could not get out of the enclouser. We heard Aunt Petunia screaming but we were giggling but stop when we say Uncle Vernon glaring at us.

The car drive home seemed shorter. Aunt Petunia rushed a cold Dudley into the while Uncle Vernon dragged Harry inside and i walked behind them

"What happen" uncle Vernon yelled

"I swear i dont know. One minute the glass was there and the next it was gone. It was like magic."Harry said

Uncle Vernon growled at the answer given to him. He shoved Harry into the cuboard "there is no such thing as magic" and he locked the door.

"Its true Uncle Vernon my brother is not a liar" i said defending Harry.

"Lyra please you do not have to defend him. Now go upstairs please its been a long day for us all." Uncle Vernon said in a much softer tone.

Knowing better than arguing I just nodded my head and walked upstairs to my room.