chapter six

season one ; episode one { Pilot }
chapter six

BROOKLYN GRABBED JJ'S HAND for him to pull her down into his body

BROOKLYN GRABBED JJ'S HAND for him to pull her down into his body. His fingers caressed her arm, tracing gentle circles over her knuckles before joining their hands together. She let out a small moan as she sank back into his chest.

"You okay?" JJ asked, his breath warm as it hit her face. "You look a little... lost.."

"I'm fine, J." Her nails dug into his hand as she pressed a soft kiss to his knuckles. "I'm just a lil tired I guess... I don't know."

"Ave, I wanted to apologise."

"Huh? What for?"

"For last night. I should've never got that gun out but he was gonna kill John B and after seeing him hit you, I just-."

"J, it's fine. If you hadn't done it, I would've. I appreciate you defending me and my brother." She rubbed her thumb over the indents in his hand, a loving smile plastered across her face.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara questioned. She picked up one of the tanks he took from the boat earlier and noticed that the majority of the tanks were empty. "Okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together."

"Does anybody know how to dive?"

JJ shook his head after John B pointed over at him. "It's kind of a Kook sport." JJ stated.

"I... read about it." Pope sighed.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die." Kiara rolled her eyes, pushing her hair out of her face in annoyance.

"Look, y- you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ sat up, moving Brooklyn away from her and moving to one side. He left his arm around her shoulders as he turned to Pope.

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends."

"Bends like, bend over and..." JJ slanted his back and pressed his cheek against the railing.

"The bends kill you."

"Right." Brooklyn smirked, seeing how dumbfounded the boy was.

"Look, I can dive?" Brooklyn said with uncertainty.

John B and JJ gave her the same look, the look they gave her all the time and that was no. "No way."