Chapter 25

It was almost four o'clock in the afternoon when they arrived at Noeul Campsite, one of the huge campgrounds within the recreational Noeul or Sunset Park, set on the hillside overlooking the scenic view of the city landscape, close to the world cup stadium. 

"Wow!" Yuqi exclaimed in awestruck expression once they got off from the eco-friendly electric car and serene-looking green grass lawn slammed into view.

Lucas heaved a deep and content sigh as they strolled across the misty green-field, pulling the cart filled with the camping gears toward their reserved site, up on the hill in the left corner of the camping ground.

"Thank God we choose this place instead of Nanjicamp!" he said, feeling somewhat relieved and grateful for their good luck. Nanji was another camping ground near the Han River area. It usually packed with people during summer vacation. Well, most places usually packed during the holiday season but luckily there weren't that many people at this campsite. There were still plenty of spots left on the green-lush field.

Yuqi nodded several times. "It's really nice up here. It's so quiet and peaceful..." she stretched out her arms as they halted on the empty site on the left corner of the campground.

"Huh? What are you doing?" he asked when she casually sitting down on the picnic table in the area.

"Can't you see I'm resting?"

"Not now!" he took her arms and pulled her up.

"Five minutes..." she pleaded, refusing to get up from the picnic table.

"Come on now! We still need to set up the tent..." He ignored her pleading eyes and pulled her up once more. "...unless you want to roll on the grass all night long..." he continued again. She pursed her lips but got onto her feet and followed him toward the cart.

It took them almost one hour and a half to set up the tent, making a cozy mattress, putting up the string LED twinkle lights, arranging all the snacks and necessity, and set up the grill next to the picnic table.

"Finally!!!" Yuqi let out a tired groan and collapsed on the cozy mattress they just set up for the night.

"Was that very tiring?" Lucas asked, watching her laying listless on the mattress, amused. She glanced up at him and gave him a cute pout. "Well, I'm not the one who wants to go camping in the first place..." Lucas teased her. She ignored his teasing remark and closed her beautiful coffee-brown eyes. "Hey, we still need to cook dinner..." he went on again.

She hummed absentmindedly and mumbled, "Let sleep for a while..."

"Huh? What?" he furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing her incoherent answer. She didn't respond to his question, so he bent down and tugged her arm lightly. "Yah! Are you sleeping?" No reactions. Is she sleeping for real? Just like that? "Unbelievable!" his lips curled up in fascination as he gently poke her fluffy cheeks again but she gave no reactions whatsoever. "How can you fall asleep so easily?" he mumbled, then smiling to himself he laid down next to her, enjoying their precious alone time.

For a moment he laid there, admiring the sleeping beauty before his eyes. She looked so soft and vulnerable. He sighed, feeling conflicted. She was too trusting. There was no guarantee he won't do anything to her while she was this attackable. This is not good. They had a whole night ahead of them. Let's hope he'll stay sane till the next morning.

***

"So, is there interesting stuff happen during your stay?" asked Yuqi several minutes after the flaming red sunset shifted into the inky black sky. They were now settled down on the picnic table next to their tent, enjoying the barbecue.