Hi

Don't say All Lives Matter. You guys are coming from a great place! I get it! I mean, they do matter! But you've got to understand the history behind it. The All Lives Matter movement was started by white supremisists as a movement AGAINST Black Lives Matter. There's a really good metaphor about it. "Imagine that you're sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don't get any. So you say 'I should get my fair share.' And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, 'everyone should get their fair share.'' Now, that's a wonderful sentiment -- indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad's smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn't solve the problem that you still haven't gotten any!" 

I'll link to the article in the comments. But saying All Lives Matter as a protest to the Black Lives Matter protest is a bit ridiculous. I think the main reason why people are saying this stuff is because they haven't really been introduced to the struggles of being a minority. All lives DO matter. Of course they do. But black people have been suppressed A LOT. They've been stopped in cars, on the street, and followed in stores just because of the color of their skin. Saying All Lives Matter is a bit insensitive towards all black people.