That's The Odd Thing

Authors Note: I'm not entirely sure why i had this dream or what caused it, i also think it was like a roommate situation. anyway- body ody ody ody-

I sat on the end of my bed pondering the upcoming morning. I glanced over at my clock which showed bold blue glowing numbers "3:04 AM"
I sighed and turned over.

"Why can't I heccin sleep"
I mumbled to myself. I felt like giving up. I got up from my bed and walked down the stairs to the kitchen, if I'm going to be awake at ungodly hours if the night, might as well make it worth it. I pulled out my kettle and put some water in it and put it on the stove. That's when something had finally occurred to me.. the house wasn't quiet. I could hear talking in the basement. I glanced at my kettle then slowly walked to the second set of stairs leading to the basement. I slowly crept down them to find the source of the noise.
"Yeah so anyway I couldn't be the inflatable T-Rex for Halloween because Travis said that's what he wanted to do and I didn't want to do the same thing ya know?"  Otto said.

"I guess that makes sense." Geoff replied.

"Uhh, Otto? Geoff?" I called walking over to the bathroom.

When I got to the bathroom door I found Otto standing there while Geoff scrubbed his feet.
What the fuck?

"Oh hey Pidge" Otto said nonchalantly.

"Uhh... what are y'all doing..? It's 3 in the morning.." I said slowly.

"I dunno we were both awake and bored." Geoff replied.

"Uh huh.. ok well have fun I'm going to go enjoy my tea."

What the hell? They're bored so they decided to scrub each others feet? What, is Awsten awake too and reading shitty fanfiction? I laughed at the thought. I got back up to the kitchen and pulled the kettle off the stove and placed my tea bag in a mug and poured the hot water over it. I sat down at the kitchen table and sipped it slowly while staring off into the void. I glanced at the clock on the stove, which read "6:30" .

Wow. Well, there goes any chance of sleep before Halloween. I sighed and rinsed my mug out and threw the tea bag away. No point in even trying to get an hour of sleep now. I looked toward the basement stairs again. They haven't come back up yet...? I shrugged off the thought and made my way up to my bedroom. Just as I was about to walk in a confused Awsten walked out of his doorway.
"What's goin on?" He said sleepily.

"If I knew, I'd tell you, but I don't." I replied.
If it was even possible, his face looked more confused.

"Otto and Geoff?" Awsten said staring off in a daze.

"Mmhm." I hummed.

"Oh, what were they doing?" He asked now making eye contact.

"Dude, at this point I don't even know. It was 3 in the morning and I walk downstairs and Geoff is washing Otto's feet while they discussed Halloween costumes."

Awsten scratched his chin.

"Huh, usually if they're up that late they're playing Mario Kart."

"Yeah I know.. anyway I haven't heard them come back up yet so who knows if they are alive. I was planning on dying my hair later if you wanna help? If not it's chill."

"I don't have anything I'm supposed to be doing so I don't see why not."

I nodded and walked into my bedroom as Awsten walked downstairs. I stared in the mirror hung up on my wall. For just a second I could've sworn I saw Otto behind me. I quickly turned around to find no one was there. I took I deep breathe in and let it out. I grabbed my clothes for the day and went in to the bathroom.