i.

[ I hope you enjoy this newest idea of mine and also the start of a new year. May you continue to laugh and love Larry! -M ]

Louis' mind is a ticking clock that never seems to stop. It’s also broken; caught in the same pattern for every day of the week. He can never seem to make it stop the ticking. It’s constantly going.

Tick, tick, tick.

Tick, tick, tick.

.

His alarm goes off at 5:45AM, already he has been awake for fifteen minutes, laying in bed with his legs stretched out and his arms at his sides. He sit for five more minutes in an upright position, with his toes barely touching the wooden floor, as he stretches his upper body. By this time the clock reads 5:50AM and goes off again. He slips on his clean pair of slippers that lay beside his bed and tiptoe through his very clean apartment to get to his bathroom.

He takes five more minutes to neatly fold and stack his matching pajamas as well as make sure the water for his shower is at the right temperature before he cleanses himself.

He scrub at his skin, making sure all of yesterday’s filth is gone and nowhere in his life; left to venture down the drain. He puts a nickel size amount of shampoo into his left palm and uses it to clean his hair. He rinses it out only to do it one more time and then with conditioner. He rinses off his body just one more time before turning off the faucet and uses a towel to dab the water off his face, then arms, torso, thighs, calves, ankles and feet.

It is exactly 6:15AM when he exits the bathroom completely dried and walk back towards his bedroom. He turn on the light then turn it off three times before entering. He picks out his Wednesday outfit, because--yes--it is Wednesday. Wednesdays meant he wore his burgundy skinny jeans with his grey sweater. Since it’s cold out, he grabs his coat off its hanger--glad that he had decided to get it dry cleaned earlier this week--and lays it on his bed so he can easily grab it on his way out the door.

It is 6:25AM by the time he is completely dressed and ready to start his day. So he makes his way to his small kitchen and whips up breakfast; two eggs, two slices of toast, and one tall glass of the finest orange juice.

He eats and then washes his dishes by hand. He puts the newly cleaned dishes onto the drying rack so they can be put away once he gets back home. He takes a look at his watch which reads 6:45AM; he is right on time. He walks back to his room, shimmies into his coat and grabs his favorite bag; the one that goes across his chest and has the zipper he can easily access.

Then he is out the door, stopping to make sure that he had completely locked the door.

.

Wednesdays mean he visits Zayn from 7:30AM to 9:30AM. After he greets his friend with five ‘hello’s, Zayn invites him into the warm apartment where they talk about their weeks. Louis’ is the same thing over and over again whereas Zayn’s is extraordinary. Zayn tells Louis of all the new pictures he has taken and where they were taken. He shows Louis them, says the scene was absolutely breathtaking and smiles; he likes to smile.

Around 8:30AM is when they go for their our own photoshoot. Zayn grabs his camera and Louis grabs his bag then they head out the door to go to their usual set; the park.

Louis makes a disgusted look as he steps out of his car, “what is it?” Zayn questions. Louis tells him to look at the ground which is covered in goose poop.

Zayn laughs and takes Louis’ hand, “we will have to dodge them,” he states. So they quickly walk through the poop infected territories, making sure not to step on any pile left in their path.