CHAPTER 11:THE FIRST DATE

EMILIA

Zach pulled his car up by the docks, the sun was shinning down on us and the water was calm. I didn't know why we were here of all places. We're supposed to be on our first date.

I looked across at Zach, sitting in the drivers seat."What are we doing here?"

"Do you see that yacht?"He asked, and pointed towards a yacht on the water. I nodded my head in reply."That's mine. You and I are going to spend the weekend on it."

The weekend alone with him on the water, the thought of being alone on a yacht didn't worry me. We live together, when we're at home we're always alone.

"That's some surprise. But you know I'm not going to sleep with you, Right?" I had to put it out there. Being alone on the water is pretty romantic, I don't want him thinking that he can get into my pants that easily.

He chuckled."I wasn't expecting that. I just want to spend some time alone with you. Come on, I can't wait to show you the inside."

Zach grabbed our bags from the back and we walked together towards the yacht. He looked incredibly handsome as he showed me around, he looked happy.

"I can't believe you have a yacht- And staff that cook and clean for you."I whispered to Zach as we walked passed the staff. This guys world is so different than mine.

"I don't get to go out on it often, I hired the staff for the weekend. You'll get used to them being around."He smiled at me, and led me down to the lower deck."There's two bedrooms, do you want to take this one and I'll take the other?"

"Sure, That sounds good."Honestly just looking at him was tempting. But I was nervous about getting naked in front of a man, I was nervous sleeping next to someone again.

Zach opened the door to my room and placed my bag on the floor."So I'm going to clean up. How about we meet up top in thirty minutes and have a quick dip before dinner?"

A dip in the ocean. It's lucky I brought my all in one bathing suit just like he asked. I wasn't ready for him to see me in a two piece."Okay, I'll meet you up top."

As they say, Time flys when you're having fun. It seemed to be what Zach and I were having a lot of today. Being out swimming in the ocean with him, he was picking me up and throwing me around. Things got a little heated between us at one point.

Being the good guy that he is, he kept it clean. He knows that I'm not ready to take things further so he's going at my pace.

We were sitting on deck, finishing up a Romantic meal by candlelight. The sky was dark, and again it was romantic. The conversation was light and jokey. It was basically everything I could wish for, for a first date.

"I don't understand why you don't come out here all the time."I looked at the gentle sea around us, this is a great escape from reality."I would if it was me."

"Work keeps me too busy, but it's nice to get out and escape the noise. I like being here with you, Kate."Zach wet his bottom lip with his tongue. I wondered if he was tempted for another kiss.

At that moment I thought about Paris. It's been a couple of weeks and I have almost enough savings. I'm starting this thing with Zach when my plan was to leave soon.

"What's on your mind?"Zach asked,and I looked up at him."And don't say nothing, I can tell. I want you to be able to talk to me if you need too."

Now I know that I'm going to have to explain- At least somewhat. The partial truth.

"It's just.."I sighed, trying to think of the right thing to say."My life was pretty much a mess before I came to LA. I like you, but I never intended on staying long term."

He sat back in his chair."I didn't realize. Where are you planning on going- And when?"

"I'm not sure where yet, a couple of weeks maybe."I didn't want to give him too much information. Perhaps Liam tracks me to here and Zach innocently tells him that I've gone to Paris.

Zach stood from the table and walked towards the railings of the yacht. He stood in thought, looking out at the water.

I felt bad, he was obviously expecting more out of this. He was expecting more than I was able to give him right now. Zach and I are only just on our first date, but this thing between us has been going on a lot longer than that. I never should have started something that already had an end in sight.

I like him, I just don't what to hurt him.

I stood from my seat and walked over to the railings. I was stood next to him trying to think of what's best to say to make the situation a little less awkward for both of us. Sorry is a good start I guess.

"I'm sorry. I know I should have said something sooner."He had every right to be upset with me. I was ready and prepared for it.

"You don't need to apologize, Kate. It's fine."He sighed."I should of asked, instead of automatically thinking that you were going to stick around."

He was taking the blame when it was pretty clear that the situation was my fault and not his. He really is a decent guy.

Zach turned around to face me."The thing is, I'm not ready to give up on us. I want to spend the next couple of weeks trying to change your mind, If you'll let me?"

I wasn't expecting the proposition that he had given me. He was planning on changing my mind, I found myself smiling and I couldn't help it. I liked that he cared as much as he did. It felt nice to have that again.

How could I stop him from making an effort to try to get me to stay. I'll have a few weeks with him before I leave, that's something."Okay."I smiled.

He stepped closer to me, hovering his lips over mine."I don't think you are going anywhere."He wet his lips, before closing the little distance between us and pressing them softly against mine.

It was the kiss that I had been waiting on.