13- YOU'RE THE BEST

'You look good today' was the text Tae received

He looked around trying to find her, he felt the weird necessity to smile and he couldn't stop it. The place was crowded so he couldn't find her 'where are you? I'm sure you look good, too. You always do' he replied hoping that the statement would make her smile, too.

He waited for a couple of minutes looking between his phone and the people that passed in front of him 'maze' he read in his phone and immediately he turned to see the entrance of the maze that Jin had named 'love maze' with a big sign in honor of Yoonkook. It wasn't really a maze, the plants in there weren't tall enough to give it the real feeling of one, but Jin tried to make paths and making it complicated to get to the middle where there was a gazebo. And the fact that from the rest of the garden the maze was not visible because it was surrounded by trees gave it more of a mysterious feel.

Tae saw her, there she was in the entrance of the maze, with the phone in her hands and looking at him. She smiled and disappeared behind the trees. Tae smiled again and walked towards her, stopping just at the entrance and doubting himself.

He wasn't ready.

He sighed and turned around "what are you doing?" Hyejin asked. She was standing behind him with her arms crossed and raising her eyebrow. "I'm going to get something to eat" he replied trying to walk pass her "She's there, waiting for you. Are you really going to leave her waiting?" Tae stopped moving, he loved Hyejin, she was like his sister and she knew him better than anyone "I'm not ready... you know that" "Tae, she's not there with a veil and waiting for you to say your vows. She just wants to get to know you better. Just talk to her" Tae looked at the entrance "I can do that. I can talk" he said "Just talk. I know how to talk" "You do know that" his cousin replied smiling "Go. Now" Tae nodded and entered the maze.

He could see Wheein in the gazebo, she was looking the other way so Tae just could see her back. The closer he got to her, the more nervous he felt. He was afraid to start something he wasn't ready for, and he didn't wanted to disappoint Wheein either, so he didn't knew how to approach her.

Wheein turned around and smiled "I was waiting for you to text me" Tae smiled back "And I didn't" "you didn't" she affirmed "how did you get my phone number?" Tae leaned against the railing and looked at the sky, it was already late so the stars were visible "I have my ways" she replied "I think your ways are called Hyejin" Wheein laughed. It was the most beautiful sound Tae had heard "yeah. She said you wanted to text me but you weren't... ready" Tae's smile disappeared and he looked down "I had this girlfriend, Jennie. We were together for almost 7 years. I had a ring" Tae got quiet and Wheein put her hand on his arm "you don't have to tell me anything, I understand" Tae sighed but kept talking "I never gave her the ring though, I caught her cheating on me with her coworker. I tell you this just so you know that I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready to start something new. Because if I do, I don't really know much about relationships, I started dating her when I was really young so she's the only reference I have. Besides, I'm damaged, I don't know if I can trust someone" she had been listening carefully and trying to catch everything he said "I understand" she said smiling "But the problem is" Tae continued grabbing her hand "I really like you" she laughed "I really like you too" "and if you're willing to be patient with me and take things painfully slow, we can try" She looked at him and smirked "What if we start as friends, getting to know each other and see what happens from there?" "I would love that" he said.

Wheein looked beautiful and the night was simply perfect, Tae was glad the conversation with her had been easy and that she was understanding with him "what do you say if we return to the party?" Wheein asked and he nodded "We should dance together" he said dancing a little making her laugh "I'll love to".

They returned to the party and the night went by for them laughing and dancing. They talked a lot and discovered that they were both lovers of art, music and pets.