|02|

"Mom!" Young Isamu looked up from her book, where she sat on the couch, as her brother came around the corner, holding his All Might figurine.

"Mom, the computer!"

"Again?" Their mother asked, turning off the sink faucet, where she was just washing the dishes.

"Hurry!" He began to run back to his room, before returning to the corner, "come on Isa! You too!" Isamu blinked, but shrugged as she closed her book. She jumped off the couch, bringing her book along as she followed Izuku and their mother.

"Jeez," their mother chuckled as she started up the computer, Isamu looking at her brother weirdly as he began to rock back and forth in the rolling chair.

"You've probably added ten thousand views just by yourself, Izuku." This caused Isamu to giggle from her spot standing beside Izuku's chair.

"It's too scary for me. I can't watch it." Her mother looked over at the black haired four year old, who stood on her tiptoes, looking curiously at the screen.

"What about you Isamu?" Isamu looked over at Inko, she gave a shrug, "I don't understand it Momma, but if Izu likes it, then I'll watch it!" She grinned, Inko smiling at her daughter.

"Can you see that?" A guy on the video asked, "he's already saved a hundred people! That's crazy! It hasn't even been ten minutes! That's crazy!"

The camera moved to a flipped bus, as a man with blond hair, shaped in what looked like a peace sign, climbed over the fallen vehicle, he began laughing, carrying people on his back.

"He's laughing!" Izuku stared in awe, while Isamu tilted her head at the screen.

"It's fine now. Why?" The man spoke, "because I am here."

"He's so cool!" Izuku cheered, causing Isamu to look at him with a smile.

"Once I get my Quirk, I wanna be like him, too!" Isamu clapped, grinning at her brother.

"I know you can do it Izuku!" She laughed as Izuku began to try and imitate the hero, clapping and cheering him on as he does so.

......

"You should probably give it up." A clatter sounded as Izuku froze, dropping his All Might figurine in the process.

"That's...is something wrong with him after all? Most of the other kindergarteners' Quirks have already manifested...he and Isamu are the only ones..." Isamu frowned at Inko's words, quickly jumping from her stool.

"There's nothing wrong with Izuku!" The child defended.

"Isamu....please...." Her mother looked at her with creased eyebrows, causing the girl to huff as she climbed back on her seat.

"Excuse me," the doctor spoke up, "but you're fourth generation, right ma'am? May I ask about your Quirk?"

"Yes, of course." Inko placed a hand on her cheek, "I can pull small objects to me." She explained, using her Quirk to grab the figurine that was dropped.  "My husband can breathe fire."

"Normally, by age four, he would have manifested one of those Quirks, or some combination of the two. In the past, when the superpowers first started showing up, the results of an early research study were published. It became common practice to see if the pinky toe was missing a joint or not. When parts of the body aren't used, they're deemed unnecessary. People who don't have the joint were thought to be a newly evolved form." He pointed at the x-ray showing Izuku's foot.