Visiting mom

(Outfit above except with his signature purple serpent jacket instead of the jean jacket.)

Chris's POV
It was around 2pm by the time I got to Riverdale general hospital which meant I got about an hour to hang out with my mom and the other terminal patients, who are really cool. 

I knew all the nurses by name, they're really nice sometimes they would get me pops while I'm with my mom. I brought mom some of her favorite flowers, sunflowers.

When I walk in I'm immediately greeted by one of the head nurses Ms. Holly who's a really sweet old lady. She looked at me with pity and sadness in her eyes. "Huh, I wonder why". I got on the elevator and clicked on the 3rd-floor button and hum a tune and eventually, I make it up to the 3rd floor. 

(time skip brought to you by femboy hooters 🌺✨)

After catching up with some of the people I knew there I make it to my mother's room. They all looked at me the same way Ms. Holly did. Maybe her treatment isn't going well, she sounded fine during our call last week though she is really good at making people believe she's ok when she's not.

"Knockity knock, mami" I say while opening her door and walking into the room, only to see her bed made up without her in it.

Huh, maybe she's in the cafeteria?

All of a sudden her doctor walks in, his name is Dr. Jenson he's pretty cool if you ask me.

"Hey doctor Chris, where's my mom at?" I ask him kinda nervous for his response.

"Chris, I'm so sorry she died this morning"

and it all just goes blank. 

I don't know what to do

All I know is that my mom died and I wasn't here for her. she's gone and I never got the chance to say goodbye to her, I couldn't hug her or kiss her cheek. She won't see me graduate, or get married, she's gone and I can barely process it. she won't see me get my driver's license, or go to my senior prom,  I have no one to gush about fictional guys to anymore. no more Friday nights at pops eating cheese fries, no more movie marathons. all I have left now are the serpents. 

"hey, kid you there?" dr. Jenson askes me. "yeah yeah I'm here" I respond trying to keep myself composed at least until I can leave the hospital. "Since she's a donor as her next of kin we have to ask your permission to harvest her organs." of course being the woman my mom was she wanted nothing in the world but to help others even when she wouldn't be able to see the impact she would have. "of course, it's fine. can I leave now?" "one more thing, the state was notified that your mother has passed, they held a meeting with your school and found it in your best interest that you stay in the state at your school. This means we had to contact your dad, he said that he and his wife will be here in a week"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

wtf...