Chapter Two: Harsh Landing

Your eyes fluttered open. You saw the back of the used airplane seats, the passenger sitting in them, and the hostess standing in the front of the aisles. She looked at your face, her smile softened before she went back to what she was doing. You looked over to Delmi while they slept. Their expression was peaceful and comfortable.

You felt your back ache from sitting in the same position for hours. While scooting up in your seat the overhead voice began to speak throughout the speakers. "Passengers, please remain calm." You felt your seat jolt forward. You looked over to Delmi again, they were still sleeping. They had the same relaxed posture as they did a moment ago.

You looked up and saw it was the same hostess who was speaking to everyone. You noticed other seats vibrating. You realized it wasn't just the seats, it was the entire plane. "Masks will be deployed shortly." Your fingernails dug into your bottoms.

"Parents, please place your masks on yourselves before you place them on your children." The panic inside of you was rising fast. You were about to yell out for Delmi as the plane shook hard. You rocked back into your seat, it knocked the last breath right out of you.

Your vision was clouded as you felt something covering your mouth. With your eyes squinted from the pain and turbulence, now having your face partially covered, you were barely able to make out Delmi who seemed to have placed the mask on you. They were wearing theirs.

Delmi sat back into the seat with a relaxed posture. They stared at you and placed their hand on yours. Delmi's eyes were closing slowly. You were able to breath again but the oxygen was suffocating. Something about it was sour. You leaned forward in your seat. You saw the other passengers with their eyes closed. Each and every one of them.

The hostess was no longer standing there. The speaker was dangling off the wall, swaying back and forth in the motion of the plane shaking. Numbness was spreading through your body. It started in the tips of your toes and fingers. It was slowly creeping its way to your limbs. Odorless substance being gassed inside of you, your tongue too numb to taste. Poison.

You ripped the mask off your face, it dangled in the air in a manner that seemed to mock you. As you stood up you felt your knees about to give out. You grabbed onto the back of the seat that was in front of you. The turbulence slammed your body into it hard. You were gasping out for air as you looked around, everyone was unconscious. You had to get out of there.

Your body was aching and breaking out into a cold sweat from whatever was being pumped into your body by the mask. You managed to step away from your row of seats, you couldn't look back at Delmi to see them possibly dead. You grabbed onto each seat as you walked by to support yourself. You felt your nails digging into the hard leather. It almost hurt from your tight grip.

Your staggering footsteps were almost out of your control. You had no idea where you were heading but you had to get there. The lights in the plane shut off entirely. Intense rumbling from all around you gave you visions of the walls ripping apart into the unknown night sky. You never stopped to see if there was a storm, the hostess was never clear on what was happening. The exit was right in front of you, in arms reach, you almost fell over.

Everything shifted harshly, overhead bags fell out of their cubicles as your body slammed against the exit mercilessly. You landed on your back, your entire body ached from the impact. Your hand managed to find the complicated handle, it was magnetic to your touch. All you heard was screaming, the loud echoing effects of pain and suffering swirling around your entire being as the plane imploded almost immediately. You felt no fear, no pain, no awareness. There was nothing. No black, no white light, just a sound in distorted tones. Bells.

Ding. As your body violently flinched awake, the view of the same hostess stood in the spot she did before. Doing the same thing, grabbing that speaker from the wall as she spoke into it. "We have safely landed in Gravity Falls, Oregon. Please allow a few moments for everyone to gather their items before we exit passengers. Thank you for choosing Northwest Airlines." The cold sweat beading down your neck made you feel sick to your stomach. It was just a nightmare. Northwest Airlines? How could you miss that?