3 - Tuesday

"Unsub at 2261." Hotch says into his mic.

The team had been chasing this unsub throughout a neighborhood for half an hour now and he'd finally holed up in a house.

Hotch heard the confirmation before turning to Spencer and Emily who had been with him. "I'll go around back. You two take the front."

The two nodded and the group crept forward. Hotch went to the left to head to the back of the house. Spencer and Emily crept up the stairs to the front door.

Spencer pushed the door open from the side, Emily quickly entering, Spencer right behind her.

"Clear." They tell each other, hearing a faint 'clear' from Hotch in another room.

They look around once more, noticing the stairs to the right.

"I'll go, you finish down here." Spencer says to Emily.

Emily nods and they part ways.

Spencer silently climbed the stairs, aiming his gun towards the top. Outside he heard another car pull up. Good, Rossi and Derek were here.

He got to the top of the stairs and looked down the hallway. So far no one. There were five rooms off the hall.

Spencer sighed. "Great."

He made his way to the first door, kicking it open and sweeping the room.

"Clear." He mutters to himself leaving the room.

What he didn't notice was a panel in the wall moving and the unsub climbing out of a literal hole in the wall.

He quickly and quietly cleared the rest of the rooms. He was in the center of the fifth room checking the closet before speaking into his mic.

"Upstairs is clear."

"Are you sure about that?" Came a voice from behind him.

Spencer whirled around, gun aimed at the unsub who was standing behind him, pipe in one hand, gun in the other.

"Alright." Came Hotch's voice in his ear. "Looks like he's ran."

He heard the others downstairs talking about a plan. Spencer so wished he could go down there but unfortunately he was stuck in the room.

"You make a noise and I'll shoot you." The unsub says pointing the gun at Spencer's head.

"Reid, where are you?" Came Hotch's voice.

Spencer kept his gun steady at the man in front of him.

"I'm going to go out this window and you're not going to say a word." The unsub says, creeping towards said window.

"I don't think so." Spencer says, moving with him, blocking the window.

"I don't want to hurt you man." The unsub says. "But I will if I have to."

Spencer just keeps his gun steady.

They stand there, staring at each other.

In hindsight Spencer should have been prepared for the man to use the pipe he was holding but honestly, he'd forgotten about it.

The man lunged swinging the pipe at Spencer's head. Before it connected, Spencer shot his gun hitting the man in the chest. He was too late though. The pipe connected with the side of his head a second later sending him to the floor.

The man stumbled towards the window before falling unconscious right under it.

Spencer gave a small smile before closing his eyes. He heard his team running up the stairs and he sighed, giving into the dark that was creeping into his vision.

Downstairs

"Where's Spencer?" Derek asked.

The team was gathered in the living room trying to form a plan of action. Everyone except Spencer that is.

"He went upstairs." Emily says looking towards the stairs.

"He said it was clear." Hotch said, confusion leaking into his voice.

They all looked to each other.

"Unless it wasn't." Rossi says as they all turned towards the stairs.

They all jumped as a gunshot went off from above them and then the thud of a body, and then a second.

"Shit." Derek says.

They all ran up the stairs.

They checked all the rooms.

"Found how he hid." Rossi says, pointing to the removed panel in the wall.

"FOUND HIM!" Came Emily's voice from the end of the hall.

The team raced to the end room to find Emily kneeling by an unconscious Spencer Reid. She let out a relieved sigh when she felt a strong pulse against her fingers which were on his neck.

"Spence." She said, tapping his face. "Come on wake up for me."

"Is he hurt anywhere?" Hotch asked, kneeling on the boy's other side.

"Not that I can see." Emily says checking him over. "Just a bump on the side of his head."

"Unsub's dead." Derek confirms standing up.

There was a groan, and everyone turned towards Spencer, who's eyes were fluttering open.

"Reid." Hotch said, tapping his face lightly. "Look at me."

Spencer's eyes opened and he looked around the room.

Emily and Hotch were kneeling over him, Derek was by the unsub, and Rossi was by the door looking at him with a concerned face.

He tried to sit up but Hotch pushed him back down. "Follow my finger."

Spencer's eyes followed his boss's finger as he moved it side to side. "Are you feeling dizzy, nauseous, anything?"

"Nothing." Spencer said. "Just sore."

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" Hotch asks.

"Not that I'm aware of." Spencer tells him.

"I still want you to get checked out." Hotch says, helping him up.

"I'm fine Hotch." Spencer says standing up.

"Just get checked man." Derek says walking over. "You took a decent hit to the head."

"Fine." Spencer sighs knowing he wasn't going to get out of it.

"I'll take you kid." Rossi says pushing off the door frame.

Spencer nods and follows the man out of the house and down the stairs.

"He's just not having a good week is he." Emily says watching the two leave.

"No, he is not." Derek says.

"Hopefully, this was the end of it." Hotch says.

Derek snorts. "I highly doubt that."

Hotch sighs. "You're probably right."

"Come on, let's head back to the precinct. We'll meet them later." Emily says.