ill see you in a thousand miles

jack disappeared. one argument that tore them apart completely. their friendship had cracks in it but they always knew how to fit it.

that wasn't the case this time.

it had been five years since jack disappeared after their argument. davey never got the chance to make it right.

davey was irritated that day. it was a vivid memory that haunted him. it's all his fault.

junior year of high school, three days before they had agreed to go to prom together. just as friends, though.

davey has been mugged on his way to jack's apartment. if jack wasn't at davey's place, davey was at jack's. they didn't go a day without each other. he was frustrated and wanted to break down in tears, but he kept himself as composed as possible.

jack was sitting on his bed, a headset on and focused on his gameplay on the tv.

"jack," davey started.

no response. well, there was talking but it was to the people in game.

"jack," davey repeated.

still, jack didn't hear.

"jack!" davey yelled, his blood starting to boil.

once again, jack didn't answer. davey stormed over to him and tore his headphones off.

"i called your name three times," he scolded.

"chill, dude. i didn't hear you," jack snarled and paused his game.

"cool," davey rolled his eyes and slumped down into a chair.

"what's your deal, man?" jack was confused by the sudden attitude.

"if you had answered me the first time...," davey muttered under his breath.

"i literally didn't hear you, don't pin that against me!" jack started getting defensive.

"i came to tell you i just got fuckin' mugged on the way here, but i seemed to be interrupting something!" davey waved his hands around mockingly.

"okay hold on. you got robbed? are you hurt?" jack started moving toward him.

"i'm fine." davey hissed.

"you surely don't seem fine...," jack retracted back into his spot. "dave, why are you so mad..?"

"i wanted your attention the first time."

jack started getting annoyed. "not my fault i couldn't hear you, get over yourself. goddamn, dude."

"i expected you to hear me the first time, you know i'm here the same time every day! you should've known i was here!" davey reasoned.

"i lost track of time!" he shouted, becoming angry.

davey didn't say anything.

"and i'm listening to you now. i'll always listen to you, dave," jack looked at him with empathy. almost begging his friend to drop it.

"i interrupted, i'm going to go." davey got up and put on his bag. jack got up and pulled on his backpack before he could leave.

"why are you so upset with me? i was playing a game, and you're going to get mad over that! dude, that's low. even for you, man. it was shitty for you to come into my house then yell at me over something simple. i asked if you were hurt and you said you weren't. i'm trying to help you!" jack was talking quietly but had a lot of hurt in his voice.

"see you tomorrow," davey gave him a nod and shoved out of jack's grip.

"i have a date to prom." jack blurted.