Chapter 20

TW: cutting (not s3lf h4rm), violent language, kidnapping, etc

A/N: IM SO MAD BC I KNOW SOMEONE CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF WHO THE "WOMAN" WAS BUT I CANT FIND THE COMMENT

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alex, John, Hercules, Lafayette, Aaron and Thomas were in the car on the way to the location that they tracked. All were nervous, but determined more than anything. Mostly for Ethan, but they also needed to get James out even if he wasn't a good person. He was still Thomas's best friend, regardless of their recent argument.

"What if they aren't there? Laf, what if Ethan and James are gone?" Alex was beginning to panic, and Lafayette could tell. Everyone in the car could.

"Alex, love, it'll be okay. I promise. Please calm down, we need clear heads before we try to do anything or this will all fail, okay?" Lafayette was trying to reassure his boyfriend, but he could tell Alex was really panicking. He was breathing heavily, his hands shaking and his eyes darting around the car.

A half hour or so later they managed to reach the location that Mr. Washington had tracked for them.

"You guys ready?" Alex asked, trying to sound confident but in reality he wasn't at all sure that their plan was going to work. They didn't even have a plan, they were just going to try to sneak in and get back James and Ethan. What if whoever took them caught them? Or what if they had already...

No, Alex refused to let that thought finish. It wasn't going to happen, this would be fine. Hopefully.

Nobody answered Alex's question, and instead all sat nervously as they pulled up to the fence quite some feet away from the house.

"Well, it's now or never. Let's go get James and Ethan, then we get right out okay? If we don't need to talk to or be seen by whoever's keeping them captive then let's avoid it at all costs. Understood?" Aaron said in a somewhat hushed tone, not wanting to be too loud unnecessarily. They all nodded their heads in agreement, then John spoke up.

"Um, shouldn't some of us stay in the car for now? We can call each other if there's an emergency, but it might make it hard if six grown men are trying to sneak into someone's house you know," John pointed out. They all started talking about who should stay and who should go, and what to do if there was an emergency.

After a few minutes, they all decided that Alex, Aaron and Thomas would go in while Lafayette, John and Hercules stayed in the car as backup. If anything were to happen they would call one of the men in the car, or vice versa if something happened outside near the car.

The three going in headed out of the car, and slowly made their way to the house. It was a longer drive than expected, and by now the sun had already began to set, making it easer to approach the house unseen.

They moved slowly at first, but soon quickened their pace when they heard a familiar voice cry out.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Please stop! I promise I won't say anything to anyone, please let us go!" Ethan cried, tears forming in his eyes at the cuts given to him by his kidnapper. She had been slicing his and James's bodies for hours, sometimes with no reason at all. She knew that at this point she was taking it too far, but she simply didn't care. She knew that James and Ethan were people that Alex cared about, and she wanted him to feel just as much pain as he had made her feel.

James tried to scream, for help or out of anger he wasn't sure, but the woman had put tape over his mouth to ensure his silence. He regretted the entire plan, it wasn't supposed to go like this and he knew he owed Ethan and Alex so much after this.

As James was about to pass out from absolute exhaustion, he heard the front door slam open.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF THEM!" Alex yelled as him, Aaron and Thomas immediately charged towards the scene. Thomas, ultimately being the strongest of the three, tackled the masked woman and pinned her down with her hands behind her back and her face facing the floor. The other two quickly got to work on untying James and Ethan, Alex trying his hardest not to cry at the sight of his soon-to-be son covered in rope marks, bruises, and blood. While they were all furious with James, they decided to wait until later to talk to him.

The woman was kicking and screaming, trying to free herself from Thomas, but he wouldn't budge. Instead, he tore off her mask to reveal-

"Maria!?" Alex and Thomas exclaimed.

"Emily!?" Aaron gasped.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After the police arrested Maria and the ambulance took James and Ethan to the hospital, Alex riding with for Ethan, the rest of the group were all at the station with blankets as the police took testimonies from each of them about the entire incident. Once the police confirmed that the stories added up to each other, the guys were free to go back to the office, home, or wherever.

Alex sat with James and Ethan, as they were both asleep and in the same room. Once James began to stir and realize his surroundings, he immediately teared up and began apologizing endlessly to Alex.

All was forgiven, and surprisingly enough Alex didn't ask why or press charges. He was too in shock about seeing Maria face to face again, as was the rest of the group. But for Mr. Burr, he was trying to wrap his head around Emily, who was apparently Maria.

Everyone had a lot of questions, but they agreed that some questions were better left unanswered.

{ end }

A/N: i will be shortly posting a thank you chapter that will also be a place to ask any questions, so stay tuned <3