5 years later (The End)

5 years later

{G}

There was insistent knocking on Ga Eul's door, through her fuzzy mind Ga Eul could hear her mother calling her. Sitting up from her bed sleepily, and checking her clock Ga Eul gasped it when she realized she was late.

Sprinting up from her bed Ga Eul moved passed her mother and rushed to get ready. By the time she was out of the door, Ga Eul was a mess. When she arrived at her first class she was thankful that her teacher's aid was there to open the door for her kids. The rest of her day with her children was less hectic.

Ga Eul enjoyed being a kindergarten teacher. When she had first entered university she wasn't sure what she wanted to do but she'd always liked children. In the end, after much thinking and trying to find herself Ga Eul settled on being a school teacher.

Being a teacher was something that made Ga Eul very happy. It was one of the best decisions she had ever made. Her kids were lovable and Ga Eul liked being their teacher, though she was sad about them leaving once the year was over. This was her first class and Ga Eul knew she would always remember them.

Sitting in her empty classroom Ga Eul quietly sat by the window. The colorful room which was usually filled with children's laughter and excited banter was quiet. The children were on their lunch break and were playing outside. During these times Ga Eul would usually have lunch with Geum Jan Di and Jae Kyung. Both of her friends would usually stop by during her break.

Today however was different. Earlier that morning Ga Eul's phone had been bombarded with text messages from Jae Kyung who informed her that Goo Jun Pyo was finally back and he'd proposed to Geum Jan Di. While they had already been engaged, simply because their parents had set it up years ago this proposal was all Goo Jun Pyo who deeply loved Geum Jan Di.

Ga Eul had called Geum Jan Di to congratulate her and Goo Jun Pyo. She was happy for her friend. She was the second girl in Ga Eul's group of friends to get engaged. Jae Kyung had not only gotten engaged but she had gotten married to Woo Bin soon after he proposed two years prior. The two had eloped and had a small wedding with the witnesses being Ji Hoo, Jan Di, Jae Ha, Luna, and Ga Eul herself. There was no big wedding or a big party simply a marriage license and right after that Woo Bin and Jae Kyung had taken a plane straight to Mexico for their honeymoon. Needless to say that their parents were not happy with this.

From what Ga Eul understood there had been a big fuss with Woo Bin and Jae Kyung's parents. However, they had quickly let it go and allowed Woo Bin and Jae Kyung to move in together as husband and wife and continue on with their lives. Ga Eul was happy for them, Woo Bin and Jae Kyung seemed happy and eloping seemed like something the crazy couple would do. Jan Di and Goo Jun Pyo on the other hand... Ga Eul wasn't expecting the same. While Geum Jan Di was a simple girl but Goo Jun Pyo was all about extravagance and Ga Eul expected no less from their wedding. Two friends who had gotten their happy endings. Goo Jun Pyo leaving and coming back could only make Ga Eul feel a little jealous.

"Yi Jeong..." Ga Eul thought to herself nostalgically. Five years... for the past five years, Ga Eul had missed Ga Eul so much. They'd kept in contact calling, texting through skype. There were gifts given back and forth between the two. One year in particular for her birthday Ga Eul came home to find her room filled with roses.

While Ga Eul and Yi Jeong had kept in contact they had not been able to see each other. Both had been busy with school and in the end, they had decided that seeing each other would only make them miss each other more. Five years had passed, however, but Ga Eul was feeling heartbroken. For the past few weeks, Yi Jeong had not messaged her or called her. Every day they would exchange messages and at least three times a week they would spend hours on the phone talking about everything and nothing at all. Times like these made Ga Eul feel better and made her realize how much she loved Yi Jeong. It was a love that Ga Eul knew grew each day and had no doubt that it would never fade away.