I hate you, I love you

A/N: Not requested. Got the idea from the song "i hate u i love u"

No AU

Intrulogical

Demus

Logicality

Moceit (Platonic)

Slight U!Janus (Please dont kill me Moxi)

This is gonna be a long one because my motivation just got up and decided to yeet itself at my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan and Remus were good friends. They understood each other and got past their differences. Remus always found a way to make Logan laugh and Remus always learned something new from Logan. 

They were a perfect match.

But Patton and Janus knew.

They wanted to be more than friends.

"Say, Remusss?" Janus asked, sitting at the dining room table.

"Yea double-dee?"

Janus sighed. "I told you not to call me that."

Remus shrugged, playing with a chinese finger trap.

"Aside from that, how's Logan?"

"Dunno. I /haven't/ seen him in a while. Why do you ask?"

Janus raised an eyebrow, sensing the lie. "When was the last time you saw him?"

Remus looked at Janus in confusion, a twinge of fear spiking through him.  "A couple /weeks/ ago..."

"Really? Because I could've sworn I saw the two of you at the beach last night." Janus tapped a finger on his chin, catching Remus in his lie.

"Fine, whatever. I saw him last night. We were just hanging out."

"Nothing else?"

"Nothing else."

Remus wished it was what Janus thought. That they went on a date. Cuddled together. Kissed.

"LogieBear? Did you go to the beach last night?"

Logan looked down at Patton who was laying in the logical sides lap. "Yes..."

"Did you go with anyone?" Patton shut his eyes, burying his face in Logan's stomach.

"Yes, in fact I did." Logan smiled, the memories still fresh in his head. "Why do you ask?"

Patton sniffled, crying a bit. "Wh-who'd you go w-with..." 

Logan cupped Patton's cheek, kissing the moral side's nose. "No one /important/, Patton. Don't worry."

He was important to him though.

That night, past midnight, two sides snuck out of the mindscape, heading to the imagination. Remus had already set up a picnic in the middle of a clearing in a beautiful forest.

But of course, they refused to call it a date.

They were just... Hanging out.

Logan tapped Remus on the shoulder. "Salutations, Remus."

"Lo-Lo!" Remus smiled wide. He only ever smiled like this around Logan.

Logan sat across from Remus, taking a jar of crofters out of the picnic basket and putting it on some biscuits. "How are you?"

Remus shrugged. He was still upset about his conversation with Janus. "Janus thinks we're dating."

Logan's head shot up, looking at Remus and blushing a bit. "That's obsurd... We're just... Friends..."

"Yea..."

Logan chuckled a bit. "Patton thought the same thing."

"Huh. Weird."

"Agreed."

They sat in awkward silence. The only sounds between them were the sounds of food being eaten and the rustling of forest leaves.

Remus dropped his napkin. "I hate this."

"Is something wrong with the food?" Logan looked around. "Did... Did I do something?"

"No it's just... Fuck it-" Remus kissed Logan quickly on the lips, hoping Logan wouldn't push him away.

Logan did the opposite.

Logan kissed back.

Surprised, Remus pulled back, looking at Logan. "God, I'm so sorry I just-"

"Remus, it's okay. I like you too."

Remus stammered in surprise before being pulled into another kiss.

Janus and Patton watched in the shadows, Patton crying quietly into Janus' shoulder while the snake glared at his former loyal boyfriend.

"I KNEW YOU WERE LYING!"

"Janus listen! I can explain-"

"YOU DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT TO ME, REMUS!" 

Tears streamed down Janus' face in fury and rage. Remus quivered in front of the angered trait.

"Y-you... Do you even love me!? Or was it all a joke to you!? Because god forbid little Remus Sanders do anything in his life that wasn't a joke!"

"O-of course I-I love you I-I just-"

"Then tell Logan you hate him! Prove to me that you actually do love me!"

"J-Jan please-"

"I want a recording of it!" Janus wiped his tears, looking Remus in the eyes. "You're lucky I give second chances."

Patton wouldn't come out of his room. He had been sobbing for hours, an unhealthy thing to do, and Logan stood just outside Patton's door.

"Patton, star, I'm sorry..."

Logan was met with more sobs, louder and louder.

"Pat-"

"Leave me alone!"

"If that's if you want, star..." Logan walked away, resisting the tears that had already started rolling down his face.

He walked back to his own room, holding his head in his hands and sitting on his bed. Remus appeared in the room, grabbing Logan by the arm and sinking out to the imagination which had a beach in it.

"R-Remus we can't-"

"I /hate/ you..."

Logan pulled his arm away from Remus before realizing what he had said. "What..?"

"I said I /hate/ you! Okay!? J-Just... Leave me alone!"

"But you brought me here."

Remus pushed Logan to the ground, sobbing violently. "I-I /h-hate/... y-you..!"

"No you don't." Logan rubbed his elbow, wincing and looking up at Remus.

Remus summoned his mace, about to hit Logan. "YES I DO!"

"Go ahead. Hit me. You won't do it."

"I-I..." Remus fell to his knees, his mace dropping beside him. "I-I c-can't..."

Logan pulled Remus into his lap, playing with Remus' hair while Remus sobbed into Logan's chest.

Remus pulled out his phone, turning off the voice recording he had been doing and deleting it.

"L-love you, Lo..."

"I love you too, Remus."

A/N: I may have cried while writing this-