chapter eight

season one ; episode two { The Lucky Compass }
chapter eight

season one ; episode two { The Lucky Compass }chapter eight

BROOKLYN SAT WITH THE CREW on the porch of the Château. Her head was pounding from the events that spiralled earlier and her foot was anxiously tapping against the wood. The rooster crowed loudly which startled her awake.

JJ brought it upon himself to tell the other two about what had happened. "And we were right outside like this." He pressed himself up against the wall. "And all we hear is just, Bam! Bam! Bam! Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. All right! And I'm just looking at them two, like- Wait, first off, look at this shit." He leaned over Pope and started to mess around with his hair.

"That's dandruff, disgusting."

"Okay, thank you." Pope pushed him away.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death."

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asked, trying to set the story straight. "Did you get a good description on them?"

"Yeah. Anything. Anything helpful."

"Anything we can bring to a police report?"

"Burly." JJ turned around and clicked his fingers towards Pope.

"Burly?"

"Yeah. You know, like-."

"That's not very helpful."

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers. I can tell you with full confidence, those boys, these killers..." He inhaled a large amount of smoke from his cigarette and let out a breath. "...they're square groupers."

"They're square groupers, like narco square grouper? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?"

"Yeah, man." He blew another puff.

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie."

"What does this square grouper look like? Specifically?" Pope asked but it wasn't a good question for three teens who didn't exactly see them.

"You weren't there." JJ scoffed, taking another blow from his cigarette.

"Because apparently you don't know what to look for!" Pope yelled over him.

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time. I was under duress, okay?" Pope shot Kiara a look as JJ slowly calmed himself down. "But I can tell you... I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming... that these guys are serious hombres, man." Brooklyn looked down at the compass in her brother's hand. "It's a heavy vibe right now. I'm not liking this very much."