Chapter-8

You are my EarthTo you I am just a moonYour little star that brightens your heartYou are my EarthAnd all I see is youI am just gazing at you like this

You are my Earth
To you I am just a moon
Your little star that brightens your heart
You are my Earth
And all I see is you
I am just gazing at you like this

_Moon(BTS)

❁𖧵❁

It was already 10 o'clock and Hwayoung was still at Taehyun's house. She had warmed up to the boy only after a day of meeting him. It was understandable though, as the male had already seen her at her worst. At least he thought so.

"Uhm, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Could you tell me where it is?" asked the girl. "Oh, sure. The maid will show you." As Hwayoung left following the maid, Taehyun glanced at where she sat. She had left her phone on the couch. He reached out to grab it and chuckled at the sight of its features. It had a pink phone case with a picture of a cat on it, decorated with a chains that had a plum flower on its end.

"Even her phone is cute." As he looked at the beautifully designed flower, the phone vibrated and a notification popped up.

1 new message

+82-***-****-**
hwayoung you wh*re. how pathetic of you to call the class president on us. you'll definitely recieve something from me at school.

The message worried Taehyun. Does Hwayoung always get bullied? Doesn't she have any friends? Why didn't she tell anyone? He was now determined to be the one to keep Hwayoung safe.

"I'll protect her. Even if it means getting hurt. I won't back down...

Not this time anymore."

___________________

As Hwayoung made her way to the bathroom, the maid slowed down in her tracks. "You do realise young master cares for you a lot, right?" Hwayoung was taken aback. "What do you mean?" "Ever since he lost his mother, he hasn't been smiling often. He would come home from school, face all blank, and he would go straight to his room. Nothing would cheer him up; until you came along. Starting from yesterday, all he would talk about was this girl he met and about how he promised to defend her. It was like he found his lost childhood friend; but it seemed it turned into something more than friendship. And I guess that friend was you."

Hwayoung felt bad for Taehyun. He had lost a loved one, and must have went through immense pain and sorrow. Then she thought about those last sentences the maid had voiced out. "Childhood friend? What do you mean by that?" The maid formed a smirk on her face and winked. "You'll find out soon enough."

Hwayoung went back to Taehyun and prepped herself to leave. As the male escorted her out the door, he pulled her into his arms and enveloped her into a backhug. "You can keep the clothes. Let's meet again soon."

Strawberry.
She smelled like strawberries.

Hwayoung's face turned to a bright red. He let her out of his embrace as she got a call from Ayeong. "Hwayoung where are you?" "Oh, uhh- I'm at-" As she looked around the street, hoping she could recognise where she was, she saw her friend acroos the road. She waved at the older and shouted, "Ayeongie! I'm over here!" Everything the girl did only made Taehyun admire her even more. "Hyunnie, I have to go now. See you later." said Hwayoung. Taehyun sent her off with a small peck on her forehead which made Hwayoung giggle. She waved him goodbye with her sweater paws and skipped away, leaving with Ayeong.

"Precious little flower."

________________________

a/n: i pulled the disappearing trick on you guys didn't i? haha. i'm sorry.

i want to say that i won't update often anymore. i have lots of schoolwork and art stuff i have to take care of, as well as my personal life so i'm quite preoccupied. don't worry! i'm not planning to stop or end this story anytime soon.

thank you to all my dear readers who have stuck with me from the beginning. love you guys ♡

《have a great day lovelies》