Chapter 2 :

** Words you don't understand will be explained at the end of the chapter.

            When we got to Coco Vanilla,  there weren't many people there so we ordered. I ordered for some waffles and cookie dough ice cream and Ohenewaa ordered for vanilla ice cream. As we sat down to eat, Ohenewaa said, "And exactly why did you order a waffle?". "What at all is your problem ", I answered. "I want to eat a waffle, so I'll eat one. Leave me alone". Ohenewaa and I then began to laugh. We continued to eat our ice cream and well, my waffle in silence while looking at messages on our phones. We later both drove to our individual homes.

            When I got home, Belinda got my bag and Kofi informed me that my parents had gone out for a church camp meeting where they would be the speakers. Belinda is  kinda our help and Kofi is our butler (sort of)  and driver. Also , yes, my family is rich but still, they don't really like having too many workers at home. Kofi was like my big brother but Belinda and I never really got along. Anyway, I stood there staring at nothing while wondering why my parents didn't let me know they would be travelling. "Chelsea" ,Kofi said. "What's going on?" "Oh nothing ." I said.  "I just zoned out for a minute but I'll be in my room if you need me. And oh, please tell Belinda to get me some pizza."

            About an hour later, the bell rang. But no one answered . the bell rang two more times and I wondered why neither Kofi or Belinda had gone to see who was ringing the bell. The bell rang one last time as I thought of this and I quickly went downstairs And out the front door to the gate to see who was ringing the bell. I asked from behind the gate, "Who is it? " . The person answered, " Delivery Guy" . "Ouuu " I thought. "The pizza is hereeeee" . I hurriedly opened the gate and took out some money from my pocket, and took my pizza.

            Before giving me my change, the "delivery guy" took a good look at me and said, "Ahh, no be your fada wey dey own Ayeyi Hotel? " . "Yes" I said , " My father owns Ayeyi Hotel . And please, Mr. delivery Guy, it is 'Father' not ' Fada' " . With emphasis on the words "father" and " fada" . The "delivery guy" then gave me a dirty look and said, " So, sekof your papa dey own Ayeyi Hotel, you dey wan throw it in my face abi? You dey wan make your sef bossu abi? You dey wan talk sey, you be better than me? You know what ? I don't want to lose my job that's why . Jee nakai shiko) l3 magba otoi mli. "  I gave the male a "weirded out" look , said , "goodbye" and went back indoors but not before closing the gate properly.

This is what i get for trying to help someone better their grammar. This is what I get in return. And I was being polite as I said it too. You heard me , well, read me say "please" . But still, once people know you're rich , they immediately have a certain perception about you, a certain stereotype that they believe you fit in perfectly and tend to judge you easier. That's one of the negative things about being rich. That's also why rich people hang out together : because, when everyone's rich, things others would see as extravagant, would be normal to us. But rich people hanging out with ONLY rich people , also worsens everything so our case is pretty much a hopeless one. People are always going to think we're snotty, bratty, rude, and mean. But that's not always the case...and people need to see that.

Kofi is the name given to an Ashanti ( google if you don't know who they are) male born on Friday.

Basically, what he was saying here was, " Doesn't you father own Ayeyi Hotel?" ( the ahhh was added as an emphatic particle ( for emphasis) )

"So, because your father owns Ayeyi Hotel, you want to throw it in my face right? You want to act like you're the boss of me right? You want to say you're better than me right? You know what? I don't want to lose my job that's why. If not for that, I would have slapped you. "

The first parts of what he said were Broken English . Otherwise known as Pidgin or Pidgin English .

The latter parts of what he said was Ga which is spoken by the Ga people of Ghana. (once again, Google them).

Ayeyi means praise and is in the language, Twi. Which is spoken by the Ashanti people of Ghana