Chapter 22: Winter

Winter!

Cold!

Ice!

Snow!

I can't feel my toes!

Okay, one thing:

This chapter will not be about Christmas.

Some people don't celebrate Christmas, and personally, I don't either, seeing as I'm not Christian.

No offense to any Christians out there, I just want to preserve cultural diversity. I can't very whale write a chapter fur all winter holidays, and I certainly don't know enough about most holidays to write a chapter on each of them. This'll just be good ol' fashioned 'shit-it's-cold-lets-snuggle' and ice skating. Cool? Cool. Freezing. I need a heater or somefin...

~~~~~~

==> Begin Chapter 22.

Wow it's cold

"Of all days..." You mumble irritably to yourself.

"It's like ten fucking degrees outside I swear," Dave groans. "Remind me again why the A/C gods hate us."

"I don't know," you moan back. Welcome to winters in the middle of Texas. Cold as shit and certainly as unforgiving. Sadly, this is Texas we're talking about here, so there's no snow to romp around and do cute things together in. You grumble slightly and scoot closer to Dave in an attempt to warm yourself. He notices and smirks.

"Are you cold?"

"About as you are hot," you tease.

"Damn straight. Come here. Let me warm you up with my love this instant." Without much warning at all, he pulls you into his lap and clutches you tightly. You sigh blissfully as his body heat immediately takes effect. He snuggles into the crook of your neck, making you giggle at his rare childishness.

"I love you, Dave."

"I love you too, (f/n). I love you."

==> Hours in the future, but not many...

"Hey Whimsy!" You call out to your friend, Dave in tow.

"Sup (f/n)! How's goin?" She calls back, Dirk next to her.

You take one look at what the nerd couple are wearing and stifle a laugh.

"What? It's the hoodies, isn't it." You nod, covering your mouth with a gloved hand. They're each wearing a maroon hoodie with a pink heart on it, the symbol fractured neatly in half, the right half missing a good chunk.

"That's so weird. I've never seen anything like it before," you comment. She shrugs.

"Makes sense. Nerdboy here and I designed it. I like to think it represents love, a broken piece coming together with a whole one to make something even cooler, yet retaining who they each are without compromise." Dirk smiles and kisses her head, the lowest point of her he can reach without making it awkward.

"Bet you with your girlfriend was as fucking rad as mine," the engineering major teases his twin. The duplicate rolls his eyes behind the shades.

"That's what I should be saying to you. Look at this adorable fucker right here. Just look at her. You're jealous now, aren't you? Yeah. This precious thing is mine, not yours," your Strider responds haughtily, clutching onto you and kissing your cheek. You swear you see Dirk and Whimsy high five each other.

"So how 'bout that contest we were talkin' about?" Whimsy pipes up.

"Oh yeah..." You're vaguely reminded of the contest the four-ish of you discussed over Pesterchum.