Chapter 15: The Craft

It took a moment for me to fully come back to myself after the vision. This latest one had left me feeling drained and somewhat uncoordinated, so much so that I ended up kneeling on the floor to calm my beating heart. I glanced up at Tessa and the others and gave a small smile before carefully returning to my feet.

"These visions keep getting stronger," I stated as the sound of a boiler hissing began to echo down the concrete halls. I turned my attention back to Tessa who urged me to move along quicker than we previously had been doing. After a couple of turns into various hallways, a large wooden door appeared ajar. Nick kept a close watch behind us as Tessamotioned for me to go through. 

"I can't go in" Tessa said as she motioned towards the ground. The outside of the room was lined with a trail of salt. I went to smear it before Will stopped me. He grabbed my wrist and shook his head at me while whispering the possible side effects of my actions. 

"Let's get on with this."Nick pulled his gun from its holster and pushed past us roughly making sure that he stepped over the salt line and not on it. I stared after him as Reagan quickly followed.

"You scared the crap out of him, Sutton." Will said as he glanced afterthe two hunters who were investigating the large circularroom.

"There was a moment in time back there that we were worried that you'd never wake up." he went on.

"Well, I'm alive now. So let's try and keep it that way." I playfully his Will's shoulder as we carefully enter the giant circular room. At the top of the room was a small round hole with a grate covering it. That's when it finally clicked to me that we had somehow ended up in the sewers beneath the town. 

"What's this funky symbol in the middle?" Nick asked Will as he avoided all contact with me. I glared at him for a couple of moments before observing the painted lines that Nick was referring to.

"God,it smells like death in here." Reagan complained as she covered her nose with her hand. I nodded in agreement and stared down at the symbol below us. The grate above began to lightup as the sun began to rise, thus creating multiple shadows across it. 

"It's a ritual circle," Will stated.

"Why is it down here?" Reagan asked as she leaned down to touch the floor. She pulled her hand back from it to reveal that her hand was now coated with wet red paint. I stared at her hand curiously for a moment before the rumbling sound we had heard earlier began again.

"Tessa, what's going on out there?" I whispered in the direction of the door. There was no answer. Calmly I made my way back out into the tunnel, making sure to step over the salt barrier on the way. The others were occupied with their own conversation and soon I found myself alone in the dark metal hallway. A high pitched scream came from the other end of the hallway and without even thinking I began to run towards it. My steps began to splash against the floor as I entered a flooded part of the tunnel.

"Sutton, go back! You shouldn't be here."Tessa pressed against an old metal sewer door as she begged for me to retreat. There were several other spirits in the room with her and some of them didn't look very nice.

"How the hell did you wind up in there?" Tessa didn't answer my question as I noticed the water level was beginning to rise.

"You have to get out of here before he finds you!" I took a couple steps back in preparation before the sound of pipes snapping caught my attention along with a low pitched roar.

 "Crap." I muttered as a wave full of water began to rush towards me. As quickly as I could I made my back through the tunnel and into the main round room. By the time I arrived the others were gone. I glanced up at the ceiling to see that the sun was now shining through the vent as if it was noon.