𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

TWELVE"Where she ignores George"

TWELVE
"Where she ignores George"

Cameron's P.O.V~

I WOKE UP ON MIA'S COUCH THE NEXT MORNING TO MY ALARM. I had ran to her house after George and I's argument last night. I set my alarm about an hour earlier than usual because I had to actually go home before getting ready for work.

I made sure my alarm wasn't too loud last night so I wouldn't be waking Mia up too early. I quickly grabbed my things and folded all blankets so Mia would just have to put them back into her cabinet when she woke up. I had already let her know the night before that I would be gone before she woke up so she wouldn't be surprised when she found herself alone in the flat.

I quickly walked out of her flat and started walking back to my shared one with George. The dread of possibly seeing him again when I arrived back slowly set in. I wasn't ready to see him again. Surely he couldn't be awake this early in the morning though, right?

~♔~

I was wrong.

I entered our living room to find a tired looking George sat on the couch, with his airpods in as he scrolled through social media.

I sneakily walked past him, trying not to grab his attention. As I approached the hallway that lead to our rooms I turned my back to him, content with myself for sneaking past my roommate.

"Wait, Cam!" George called out for me, standing up off the couch and dropping his phone (and airpods) on the coffee table.

I sighed and continued walking over to my room, quickening my pace. Also deciding to ignore George for now. I closed the door behind me, almost slamming it on George's face.

I know I was probably being childish, but I thought I had a right to way I was feeling. George was allowed to keep his secrets, that was completely fine. But keeping the fact that he was going out on a date with one of my friends/co-workers, and lying about it didn't sit right with me.

"Cammy, please talk to me.." George pleaded, his voice coming out muffled as he was behind a door.

"Sorry, I'm getting ready for work." My voice came out cold and harsh. After that, I didn't hear another word being spoken from the other side of the door. He had probably retreated back to his room.

~♔~

I quickly touched up my makeup before exiting my bedroom. I had my jacket and handbag already in my possession as I wanted to leave the flat as soon as I could, as George would probably try talk to me before I left.

I was wrong about George retreating back to his room, as he was sat at the kitchen island, his knee bobbing up and down anxiously. He must have been waiting for me. Oh.

His head whipped around to me as I stood across the room from him. Our eyes connecting for mere seconds. "Cameron please!-"

"George I really don't have time for this-" I began.

"But Cam-"

"No, George. Not right now," I sighed and shook my head before opening the front door. I closed it behind me and started my journey to work. Boy was this gonna be a fun day.

~♔~

I sat hunched over my desk, writing my next article for the website, when I suddenly heard a knock on the wall of my cubicle. I turned around on my swivel chair to be met with Lilah.

"Hey love, what's up with you today? You came in with smoke practically flying out your ears," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes before checking the time on my phone. My lunch break would be starting soon anyway, so I may as well get this over and done with. "Lilah I need to talk to you," I announced.

"Oh sure, we can talk now if you want. Our lunch break is only in about ten minutes anywa-"

"Yeah, lets go out to the hallway where we'll have some privacy," I cut in.

"Oh, okay?.." Lilah raised an eyebrow and followed me out into an empty corridor.

I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms, "So what's up babe? Did I do something? You seem mad at me." she asked.

"You and George," I cut right to the chase. She noticably cringed.

"Did he tell you?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I seen you two in Nandos yesterday. Lilah, why did you not tell me? On top of that, why did you lie to me about it?" I added. I could already feel the tops of my ears reddening as I began feeling annoyed.

She sighed, "I wanted to tell you Cameron-"

"Lilah that's my best friend you went out with! You don't just hide the fact you're gonna go out on a date with him!" I raised my voice and she squirmed.

"Cameron let me explain, and I'm not asking. I wanted to tell you, I really did. But George told me to keep it from you. We were gonna go out a few times together to see how things went, and he decided that we should keep it between us in case it doesn't work out. We didn't want to make it awkward for you or anyone else," she explained.

"Oh," I simply replied. I suddenly began to feel like an idiot. Guilt and embarrassment slowly started to fill what felt like my stomach.

"Cameron are you okay? You're shaking.." She whispered, placing a hand on my back.

"I'm such an idiot Lilah. I exploded at George last night for not telling me and he probably feels guilty now. Oh god I got so angry about it that I didn't even try let George explain.." I rambled.

Lilah pulled me in for a hug, "Cam listen to me, it's alright. The way you reacted was fine, try not to feel bad about it," she pulled away and grabbed my hands. "Now I think you should get home a bit early and talk to your best friend."

"Lilah I can't just leave work early, I still have stuff to finish after my break," I reminded her.

"What do you mean? You need to get home and rest anyway, look at you! You're trembling, and what's that-" she put her hand on my forehead, "You're burning up!" She smiled, winking at me.

After realising what she was getting at, I thanked her before running to grab my things. She assured me that she would let our boss know that I was ill and had to leave.

Now all I had to do was get home, and make everything right between George and I.