Family Reunion - Hinoka's Sorrow

The ferry ride to the small nation was peaceful, no Hoshidans had attacked, pirates weren't an issue, the people welcomed the Nohrians to their small village. After arriving, Ja'vassa sighed softly, smiling. "This is a charming little village, no? It's very... relaxing." He sighed contentedly, "Though I can't help but wonder if we'll be in danger soon. Garon said this place would no doubt be crawling with the Hoshidans... though, it's possibly Takumi's group was also heading for the Sage as we were." He paused for a moment, looking for any villagers nearby. "Let's see if we can't get any information... I have a feeling we'll be walking into a trap if we don't."

Corrin nodded in agreement, "I can't help but feel that Takumi's group was just a diversion to keep us from reaching the Sage. So, it might be a good idea. Let's split up for a bit and return here later." He suggested, receiving nods from the others in the group. The prince would leave with Felicia, Elise joined Camilla and her retainers, Azura joined Silas, and of course, Ja'vassa left with Nyx. They wouldn't be separated for too long as Corrin quickly obtained the necessary information.

Once the group reunited, Corrin quickly relayed what he had found out. "According to some of the villagers, they claimed that the Hoshidans had passed through her and had effectively taken the Rainbow Sage hostage, likely to keep us away from him. Did anyone manage to get any information as to where they were going?" He asked.

Silas nodded in response, "They said something about Mount Sagesse. They mentioned it would be a fool's errand to chase them. This... Sevenfold Sanctuary is near the top, though climbing the mountain itself would be dangerous. They said those who enter this sanctuary will die.." He explained with Azura soon chiming in. "What should we do, Corrin? It sounds like a trap to me." She added.

The white haired male remained in a brief silence as he thought about their options, "You might be right, Azura, though we have little choice anymore. One way or another, it's a dead end for me. If those rumors turn out to be true... though, if I fail the mission, Father will no doubt have me executed. I have to do this if I wish to end this war." He replied, nodding slightly.

Ja'vassa nodded back at him, "We're right behind you, Corrin." He assured him, looking back to Azura who offered a similar smile. "We won't stop you, I'll follow you until the very end. No matter where this path leads."

"I appreciate it... thank you." Corrin replied, smiling towards the group. "Let's see what we can find at this Sevenfold Sanctuary." With their destination in mind, the group set off in the hopes of rescuing this wondrous figure.

Hours would roll by and much of the group had found themselves growing tired from the trek up the mountain. Corrin had since joined Camilla on her dragon, Elise had been joined by one of her retainers on her horse, Nyx had even found herself on Ja'vassa's back. The prince looked towards the Dragonborn, "How aren't you tired yet? Is there some kind of magic you're using?" He asked, leaning against his sister.

"Both Skyrim and the Deadlands possessed very mountainous terrains. To get from one part of Skyrim to the other, you often had to travel over rough terrain. Over time, I got used to it. This mountain is nothing in comparison to the Throat of the World." Ja'vassa admitted, laughing softly. "I remember climbing to the very peak of that mountain decades ago. You could see all of Skyrim from there, and you could even see parts of High Rock, Hammerfell, Cyrodiil, and Morrowind as well. It was an incredible sight." He would soon fall quiet as his ears perked up.

"Ah, that must be the Sanctuary." Camilla said, she turned to face the Khajiit. "Something wrong?"

He nodded in response, deciding to use an Aura Whisper shout. "Laas... Yah Nir!" Ja'vassa whispered, red blobs appearing in his direct line of sight. "I have a feeling the Hoshidans are waiting to ambush us. I've picked up numerous signatures." He said, reaching for Harkon's Sword.