THIRTY

Some months later

Taehyung sat and observed Jin and Jungkook his mind growing with wonder as he stares at the two. For the first time since being with Jin, he had officially felt like he was a third wheel interfering with a moment he shouldn't be.

He knew it was the twins' birthday party, and both of them were excited to celebrate the kids' birthday. Still, he saw even during cutting the cake how Jungkook's eyes were glued to Seokjin, which causes him to get up from his seat around the table, walking over to where they stood, wrapping his arms around Seokjin and kissing his temple.

Jin turned with a smile on his face and wrapped his arms around Taehyung, "I thought you were going to skip out on the cake."

"I was, knowing that I will have something much sweeter later," he said Jin's lips, but the two were interrupted by the sound of broken glass.

"Shit, sorry," Jungkook mumbled, and Jin pulled away from Taehyung.

"Woah," Yoonji muttered and tried to move towards the glass, but Jin took both her and Yoongi's hand to removed them away from where the broken glass was on the floor, not wanting them to get hurt.

As Jungkook cleaned up the pieces of the glass that had fallen from him, he looks over at Jin, "I will replace it."

"It's fine; make sure all the broken pieces are cleaned up. Get a wet napkin and wipe over the area, too, to remove any fine pieces that maybe there. Taehyung, do you mind helping him, please?"

Taehyung stared at Jin for a moment before he took a deep breath and walked towards the sink to get a napkin and wet it as Seokjin had recommended.

"Daddy-"

"No, stay right here." Jin held his grip onto Yoonji, who was trying to run over to her father. "Cake." Yoongi pointed to the cake on the table, and Jin looked down at him, "you will have cake once they are done, okay?...... Can you both hurry the kids want cake."

Both Jungkook and Taehyung turned to look at Jin, who was staring at them expectantly. Taehyung was about to say something, but he saw the look Yoongi was giving him, and that was enough to make him swallow his words. Deciding he would reserve his comments for a later time.

After the broken glass was all cleaned up and Jungkook used his barefoot to check the floor thoroughly before the kids were allowed to roam around again, having fun and having a slice of cake each.

The atmosphere, however, was very different for the three adults until Jin called it a night, prompting Jungkook to get ready to go home.

"Jin, can you walk out with me?" Jungkook asked as he got ready to leave after kissing his kids goodbye.

"Sure," Jin got up from where he was sitting, he made Tae aware he would be back as he followed Jungkook out of his house.

Feeling the cold wind brush against his skin, Jin wrapped his arms around himself, gritting his teeth together as he walked with Jungkook to his car who was walking silently next to him.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" Jin questioned, not wanting to be out in the cold too long as they came to a stop in front of Jungkook's car.

He watched as Jungkook shook his head, and before he could comprehend what was happening, he was pulled into his arms, enclosed in his warm jacket, their body pressed together as their lips connected.

The coldness Jin felt suddenly turned to heat as Jungkook deepen their kiss, his hand grips onto Jungkook's shirt and he pulls away feeling breathless.